• We would like to welcome American Trench as an official Affiliate Vendor. American Trench is a Philadelphia based outerwear, apparel, and accessories brand, making all of its products in the United States at (mostly) family owned factories. . Please visit the American Trench thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Just got RAW jeans, now what?

ethirtynine

Reaction score
i just got a pair of h&m sliq raw jeans. how do i properly break them in? i've heard of people not ever washing theyre pant (im not doing that), or soaking them(?), or other methods. what should i do to keep them be in theyre best shape as long as possible?

Goblin

Reaction score
They're $40 jeans, so just wear them every day until you feel like they need to be washed, then wash them.

tljenkin

Reaction score
This is not going to happen for you in this thread. You're going to have to research independantly because it's just too complicated. Go to http://supertalk.superfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 and click the superencyclopedia thread. Read. It may take a few weeks before you totally get it. In the median, take your pants and just wear them without thinking about it. They're probably sanforized so don't worry about soaking.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
You're new here but please learn to use the search function in the future. If after searching thoroughly you still have questions, then post. Otherwise, we'll yell. This thread is entitled "New Jeans, Should I Soak?" and even covers jeans similar to the ones you're asking about: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=soaking

chadler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethirtynine
i just got a pair of h&m sliq raw jeans. how do i properly break them in? i've heard of people not ever washing theyre pant (im not doing that), or soaking them(?), or other methods. what should i do to keep them be in theyre best shape as long as possible?

i'm not sure what you want. do you want to break them in...ie: get fading, whiskering etc. or do you want to keep them in they're best shape...ie: looking new, dark?

ethirtynine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chadler
i'm not sure what you want. do you want to break them in...ie: get fading, whiskering etc. or do you want to keep them in they're best shape...ie: looking new, dark?
looking new, dark

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
then just wear them, but don't wash them, and alternate other jeans if you want to keep that pair pretty dark. The more you wear them, the more fading you will get.

tljenkin

Reaction score

chadler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ethirtynine
looking new, dark
ok then...first you have to understand that the more you wear them the more they will fade. that's pretty obvious right? that applies to everything. so...wear them less often. and wash them less often. and when you have to wash, use little detergent, COLD water, and hang dry inside or in the shade. or you can also have them dry cleaned, but don't do this too often because the chemicals used in this process can damage the cotton in your jeans. with these specific jeans though, they're so cheap...if you dry clean them 3-4 times, you could have bought a new pair.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I soaked my raw jeans with cold water inside out and it hardly shrunk. I think hot water may cause more indigo loss, but it will shrink your jeans if that is your intent.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Maharlika
I soaked my raw jeans with cold water inside out and it hardly shrunk. I think hot water may cause more indigo loss, but it will shrink your jeans if that is your intent.

He really doesn't need to soak a pair of sliqs before wearing at all. What would be the point?

ninjapie

Reaction score
Sliqs don't shrink, but they will stretch quite a lot. Hot soaking doesn't really shrink them back a lot.

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
He really doesn't need to soak a pair of sliqs before wearing at all. What would be the point?

I wanted to shrink to fit mine. Raw/rigid jeans tend to be an inch or so larger on the waist. Of course it depends entirely if the jeans were sanforized or not.

Featured Sponsor

What's Your Favorite Summer Shoe?

• Loafers

• Boat shoes

• Espadrilles

• Sneakers

• Desert Boots

• Sandals

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members