• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got my first WW Chan Shirt!!!

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the long turnaround times at Jantzen, I decided to order a shirt from WW Chan and it just came in the mail today. The fit is amazing, especially for the first shot (the only thing I would change is to lengthen the sleeves a half an inch). However, the most amazing thing about it is the turnaround time, I put my order in on March 7 and I received the shirt in the mail today, one week later.

I definitely recommend WW Chan. The only negative aspect as compared to Jantzen is the price (Chan is $83 to Jantzen's $43), but if you don't mind paying a little extra for faster service, then Chan is perfect.

Another small detail that I'll ask about next time is if he can make the collar stays removable (they're sewn into the shirt I got), other than that it's perfect.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Chan is great, and the customer service is fantastic. I wouldn't touch Jantzen with a ten foot pole.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how did you place your order?
I placed my order online and printed out their order form. Then I faxed my order form with credit card information to them in Hong Kong. The process was pretty painless.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't understand. if you faxed them an order form, how did you place your order online?

i ask because i tried to order a few months ago and they said i would have to mail them a sample shirt.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i don't understand. if you faxed them an order form, how did you place your order online?

i ask because i tried to order a few months ago and they said i would have to mail them a sample shirt.
You place your order online. You have to measure yourself and enter all your measurements online and you pick the style online too (collar, cuffs, placket, pleats, etc). Then, when you go to the confirmation page, it generates an order form that you fax to them (because they can't take credit card information over the internet).

You might need to send them a shirt if you don't feel comfortable taking your own measurements.

AMC

Reaction score
I got some shirts at Chan's and some others at Ascot Changs in HK recently. AC shirts were very good. Chan's were perfect.

S.Stein

Reaction score
On his website all fabrics are $120+ what did you get for $80?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by S.Stein

That's what i wonder too. Saw him during his L.A. visit in March. Appeared that all the fabric in his swatch books were at least $120.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, how long has Chan been doing online MTM? I thought he would only do in-person fittings.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by S.Stein

That post is two years old. Everything is now $100 to $125.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by reubencahn
That post is two years old. Everything is now $100 to $125.

haha. damn, i should have caught that. Assuming shirts are now $120, that's a 50% increase in two years! Damn dollar.

Mr. Pink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
haha. damn, i should have caught that. Assuming shirts are now $120, that's a 50% increase in two years! Damn dollar.

Still, I don't know if you can do better unless Jantzen works for you.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley

The HK dollar is actually pegged to the US dollar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads