Just got my CT shirts ...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by AutoX, May 31, 2011.

1. ggtk

ggtk Active Member

At 170 lbs, it's very unlikely that he has a 16" neck. I used to buy size 16 shirts before I joined SF. Now I wear size 15.
    is 5'10 170lbs skinny? I'm 15lbs lighter and an inch shorter and I wouldn't call myself thin. Anyway, my neck measures 15.5" under my adams apple.. should I be sizing down? The neck on my CT shirts fit snug already so I doubt it..

2. acecow

acecow Senior member

is 5'10 170lbs skinny? I'm 15lbs lighter and an inch shorter and I wouldn't call myself thin.

Anyway, my neck measures 15.5" under my adams apple.. should I be sizing down? The neck on my CT shirts fit snug already so I doubt it..

You would know better what fits you. I'm speaking from my own experience.

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

to offer a counter point, i'm about 6' 165-170, and I wear a 16.5.

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

That seems...odd. I'm 6' 220 lbs and I wear a 17, and I have a rather thick neck.

5. acecow

acecow Senior member

Well, you may wear whatever you like. It doesn't mean it fits you. [​IMG]

6. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

To respond to the OP's statements:

The majority of CT shirts are of poplin weave, so yes it is strange that they specifically refer to the solid blue and white ones as poplin. I had the sky blue poplin, but returned it as it would crease horribly just from putting it on the hanger immediately after ironing. I wore it once and looked like fubar by the time i got to work. However, I have a similar one, but from the non-iron range, that is probably one of my favorite shirts

However, almost all of the patterned poplins and most of the other shirts I've gotten from them turned out to be great (including the non-iron range),

7. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Well, you may wear whatever you like. It doesn't mean it fits you. [​IMG]

Ok, you may think what you wish, but I'm certainly not wearing shirts that have a collar 1.5" too big.

I wear them so they fit tightly but don't restrict.

I couldn't button a 15.

If you still won't believe it, I'll drag out the nikon

8. acecow

acecow Senior member

Ok, you may think what you wish, but I'm certainly not wearing shirts that have a collar 1.5" too big.

I wear them so they fit tightly but don't restrict.

I couldn't button a 15.

If you still won't believe it, I'll drag out the nikon

No need! I trust you. I was just horsing around. Each neck is different; but OP possibly being a younger, less-experienced member, I assumed there was a chance that he bought the wrong size incorrectly thinking that a loose collar is a good-fitting one.

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

all very true. seeing the drooping collar when its too big is sad to see.

10. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

I just picked up 4 shirts from them including shipping for ~$125. So that shipping price seems wrong... just try calling them or search the webs for a free shipping coupon.

That being said the CT slim fit fits me the best of any shirt I've tried. I'm a 15.5/35 and 6'1 165.

11. kasakka

kasakka Senior member

CT's starting point is apparently that you resemble a balloon and need to wear a sack (classic fit) and then goes from there. I agree that their slim and tailored fit isn't exactly slim and this extends to suits as well.

12. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

I just picked up 4 shirts from them including shipping for ~$125. So that shipping price seems wrong... just try calling them or search the webs for a free shipping coupon.

That being said the CT slim fit fits me the best of any shirt I've tried. I'm a 15.5/35 and 6'1 165.

Mind sharing with us exactly where we can get 4 for $125, inclusive of shipping? That's a real good deal. Thanks.

13. Dicky Dicardo

Dicky Dicardo Senior member

Wanted to order from them today,turned out to get a blazer,two shirts and a tie delivered to me i'll have to pay 160(yeah that's right) pounds just for shipping...
    see if this code will get you free shipping - LSUL1

14. IsteRed

IsteRed Senior member

see if this code will get you free shipping - LSUL1

Thanks!I will try that!

somethings not right about that.

where do you live?

I live in NJ and the most I've paid for shipping is like 13gbp

Well sadly everything is right,my country(Armenia) was not on their list and i called them to make an order and they said it'll be with DHL courier service,which is very expensive and it turned out to be 160 pounds and two pence[​IMG]I'll call them today to check for possibility to use my billing address and ship to my friend in the US,which will be WAY cheaper.
    By the way who ordered from them and is in US,did your orders come from UK or they have a warehouse in US?If from UK are taxes a pain in the ass?

15. OTM

OTM Senior member

My understanding is that there is a quite distinct divide between 15.5 and 16 when it comes to overall shirt size. In my experience, sizing up that half inch somehow signals to the maker that you need a L instead of an M. Annoying. YMMV.