• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just got back from toronto

High_Roller

Reaction score
Hello all, just thought I'd let you know that im back from Toronto and tell you about some deals I got.
Anyways, I first went into the eatons centre and to Le Chateau ( I know I know, I'm an idiot ) but i came out with a necklace, and 2 shirts, one is a ribbed sweater that ties at the neck, its cotton and I didn't think $50 was too bad a price (this is all in canadian funds by the way). After the Eaton's centre, I took a walk down Bloor and stopped into some store called 83 Bloor, and picked up a pair of Gianfranco Ferre pants for only $160, they were sized so small I had to get a 38, when i wear a 34. On the way back to the hotel I stopped at the Bay and picked up a bottle on Le Male, by Jean Paul Gaultier, after hearing so many good things about it. I went into the College/Yonge Winners and actually found Gucci sunglasses for $50 and a Fendi belt for $80. The next day i bought pants and another belt from Guess.

So, I'm pretty happy with it all, I had been saving since March for this (I'm 14 years old) and got eerything i had hoped for. Just thought I'd elt you all know. Cheers.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heh, you're 14? Never would have guessed ;p That's a compliment btw.

High_Roller

Reaction score
Well, I would have told everyone earlier, but young people don't get that much respect. Oh well. Don't think of me any differently than you did before.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by High_Roller
Well, I would have told everyone earlier, but young people don't get that much respect. Oh well. Don't think of me any differently than you did before.

Um, no no, I think the lack of respect is probably because you're shopping at Le Chateau... Now I'll admit that at your age I ventured in there myself, but that was long before I found this site. I suppose at your age it's what you can afford, what you think is still cool (any you care what others think), or you simply don't know better... still, even at your age I'd rather spend a lot on a few great things. What i did at your age was buy a lot of crap I ended up regretting.

You'll (hopefully) learn one day that "brand names" mean **** all and if you only buy stuff because of them then you're a consumer whore. If the items didn't have those labels, would you honestly pay that for what tehy were? I've bought stuff from no-name labels for a lot of money because they were awesome, and refused to shell out a tiny amount for stuff on deep discount from "designer labels" because it still wasn't worth the price.

Anyway, I geuss as long as you're happy, who cares.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^

You do realize that you're responding to a comment made in 2002, right?

fkl118

Reaction score
So the OP would be 21 years old now; I hope he's finally getting the respect he was so longing for.

I wonder what search terms were used to dig up this thread?

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
^^^^^

You do realize that you're responding to a comment made in 2002, right?

At first I thought this guy made the 1st post today, like he joined SF when he was 8.
crazy.gif

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I'm sure he would have appreciated the advice.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, wow. That's what happens when someone goes gravedigging... Lol + Eyeroll

bobdobalina

Reaction score
Originally Posted by triniboy27
^^^^^ You do realize that you're responding to a comment made in 2002, right?
Of course I do. I get to Toronto once per year, maybe. After noticing a number of silly, resuscitated threads on the forum, I put the number "1" in the URL, hoping to find the oldest living thread. Then I committed a very minor troll, hoping to spur fond remembrances and advance a wistful discussion about the before time-- the Good ole Days of StyleForvm. My success in this regard was modest at best. And upon posting, I realize that your comment wasn't directed at me. But my answer still stands.

Grenadier

Reaction score
Surely you don't put your jacket on to sit at your desk, or while in the office.

bmf895

Reaction score
Deleted. How the 'eff' did I get into this thread? New system...

Last edited:

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wtf is this thread and how did i get here?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads