1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Just can't get myself to wear (soil/tarnish) the new Darltons..

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Reevolving, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Yachting Man

Yachting Man Senior member

Man up and wear them. I've never been a fan of people who buy things who can't really afford them. Ex: All those guys who buy luxury sports cars but are afraid to drive them like they deserve.

2. Patek

Patek Senior member

So I'm the only one who uses a little sandpaper on the soles before I wear them to get them scuffed up enough that I have traction?
    I wear my new shoes while walking the dog before work. The gravel lot behind my apartment does wonders.

3. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Man up and wear them. I've never been a fan of people who buy things who can't really afford them. Ex: All those guys who buy luxury sports cars but are afraid to drive them like they deserve.
    LOL, I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary. Humble by NYC standards, but I'm pretty sure I can afford some nice shoes. In fact, I already have my eye on the next pair... Also, it's a silly assumption that people don't drive their sports cars b/c they can't afford them. There are a host of reasons why that happens, including the fact that it was a silly impulse/status purchase enabled by their wealth.

4. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary.
    While they are expensive shoes, I'm pretty sure I can afford them.

Also, it's a moronic assumption that people don't drive their sports cars b/c they can't afford them.

[​IMG]

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

LOL, I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary.
    Humble by NYC standards, but I'm pretty sure I can afford some nice shoes.
    In fact, I already have my eye on the next pair...

Also, it's a silly assumption that people don't drive their sports cars b/c they can't afford them.
    There are a host of reasons why that happens, including the fact that it was a silly impulse/status purchase enabled by their wealth.

pretty sad that you posted this.

6. thesecondprize

thesecondprize Senior member

Get some cloth tape from CVS and stick it to the bottom of your shoes.

Beat me to the punch [​IMG]

7. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

LOL, I have a 7-figure net worth, no mortgage, no debt, and a 6-figure salary.

On the internet, every man is a six-foot-six millionaire with no excess body fat, who could buy whatever he wants, he just doesn't want to.

8. bringusingoodale

bringusingoodale Senior member

On the internet, every man is a six-foot-six millionaire with no excess body fat, who could buy whatever he wants, he just doesn't want to.

I prefer 6' exactly. Anything over 6' and you can potentially be called too tall by some petite women; and there are just too many beautiful petite women to run this risk.

9. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

I'm an 11. Send them to me, I'll wear them for a few weeks for you. You foot the postage though.

10. Kenneth Cole Haan

Kenneth Cole Haan Senior member

I prefer 6' exactly. Anything over 6' and you can potentially be called too tall by some petite women; and there are just too many beautiful petite women to run this risk.

As long as you mean petite in both height and width, I agree

11. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

Like I said, those are very humble stats in NY. Quite common, in fact.
    Anyone bragging about something so pedestrian would embarrass himself
    However, it does indicate one can afford a pair of $500 shoes.