• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just bought my first pair of REAL shoes...

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too bad i can't take pix of these wonderful shoes, but MAN are they nice... I have to admit, the John Lobb shoe makes my crockett and jones handgrades and dunhill P&S shoes pale in comparison. The best part is that someone didn't snatch them up from Stanley Korshak until I came along, and I got them at a HUGE markdown-- yet they are absolutely perfect. Balmoral style black shoes, with 'swan-like' stitching on the side (similar to what I think Edward Green does), stitching around the lower portion of the shoe all around, and detail stitching on the toebox (hard to explain, but I'm sure you've seen this kind of stuff before), glossy black calfskin with really nice wooden shoe trees. hooray for huge sale-markdown prices and great salespeople at SK dallas.

JohnMS

Reaction score
With you savings you must go out, buy a digital camera, take pictures, then post them on the Forum.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really should go see a pair of Lobbs or EG's in person. Unfortunately, S. Korea does not seem to have a market for such things, unlike Japan.

Kaga

Reaction score
I really should go see a pair of Lobbs or EG's in person. Unfortunately, S. Korea does not seem to have a market for such things, unlike Japan.
If my memory serves me correctly, you do have a Berluti store, in Seoul. I visited it during our themed "Bulgogi Battle".

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, you do have a Berluti store, in Seoul.  I visited it during our themed "Bulgogi Battle".
Oh snap. Better find this place quickly.

ps. kalbi is better

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
*runs off to K-town for some Kim-chi jigae*
tounge.gif
koji

benchan

Reaction score
HUGE markdown? Sigh, never find a pair of discounted Lobb in the shopper paradise called Hong Kong. Oh well, at least there is still reasonably priced bespoke shirts and suits there.

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
too bad i can't take pix of these wonderful shoes, but MAN are they nice... I have to admit, the John Lobb shoe makes my crockett and jones handgrades and dunhill P&S shoes pale in comparison. Â The best part is that someone didn't snatch them up from Stanley Korshak until I came along, and I got them at a HUGE markdown-- yet they are absolutely perfect. Â Balmoral style black shoes, with 'swan-like' stitching on the side (similar to what I think Edward Green does), stitching around the lower portion of the shoe all around, and detail stitching on the toebox (hard to explain, but I'm sure you've seen this kind of stuff before), glossy black calfskin with really nice wooden shoe trees. Â hooray for huge sale-markdown prices and great salespeople at SK dallas.
Interestingly, I find myself in a very similar boat: my first pair of "real" shoes just came in today from Northhampton--the 2 eyelet blucher "Exeter" from E. Green. I saw your thread, and was going to respond in kind prior to opening the package, but I withheld figuring that I might yet be dissapointed as I have been thus far from C&J Handgrade & Grenson Masterpieces, at least fitwise. I opened the box, looked at the shoes--lovely-- and tried them on. Comfortable, right out of the box (808 last). This could be the start of a beautiful (and costly) relationship. And likewise, I still don't have a digital camera, though I intend to get one, and perhaps this is the motivation I need to post pix of these & possibly other (more modest) shoes in my wardrobe.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone please post a pic of a Vienna II? I have a thing for Lobb Paris, but have no recollection of this particular shoe.

JohnMS

Reaction score
Would it be the shoe in this picture on the far left?
1252vx.jpg
Just kidding with you.
biggrin.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lobb Naders? Were they the ones who stole the election from Lobb Gores for Lobb Bushes?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JohnMS, nice pic-- fortunately, altho i DID purchase the shoes on sale, they were none of those pictured in your post.

OK, OK, i'll take pictures and will post as soon as developed on a cdrom-- it's worth it, they are an interesting shoe. basically, tho, they are a pair of black balmoral wingtips-- but without the wings/ tips or any punctated holes-- where the wings and punctations would be, the leather is smooth and rounded.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads