Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Just bought my first pair of REAL shoes...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by The_Foxx, Feb 2, 2005.

1. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

too bad i can't take pix of these wonderful shoes, but MAN are they nice... I have to admit, the John Lobb shoe makes my crockett and jones handgrades and dunhill P&S shoes pale in comparison. The best part is that someone didn't snatch them up from Stanley Korshak until I came along, and I got them at a HUGE markdown-- yet they are absolutely perfect. Balmoral style black shoes, with 'swan-like' stitching on the side (similar to what I think Edward Green does), stitching around the lower portion of the shoe all around, and detail stitching on the toebox (hard to explain, but I'm sure you've seen this kind of stuff before), glossy black calfskin with really nice wooden shoe trees. hooray for huge sale-markdown prices and great salespeople at SK dallas.

2. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

With you savings you must go out, buy a digital camera, take pictures, then post them on the Forum.

3. Alias

Alias Senior member

I really should go see a pair of Lobbs or EG's in person. Unfortunately, S. Korea does not seem to have a market for such things, unlike Japan.

4. Kaga

Kaga Senior member

If my memory serves me correctly, you do have a Berluti store, in Seoul. I visited it during our themed "Bulgogi Battle".

5. Alias

Alias Senior member

Oh snap. Better find this place quickly.

ps. kalbi is better

6. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Senior member

*runs off to K-town for some Kim-chi jigae* [​IMG] koji

7. benchan

benchan Senior member

HUGE markdown? Sigh, never find a pair of discounted Lobb in the shopper paradise called Hong Kong. Oh well, at least there is still reasonably priced bespoke shirts and suits there.

8. AJL

AJL Senior member

Interestingly, I find myself in a very similar boat: my first pair of "real" shoes just came in today from Northhampton--the 2 eyelet blucher "Exeter" from E. Green. I saw your thread, and was going to respond in kind prior to opening the package, but I withheld figuring that I might yet be dissapointed as I have been thus far from C&J Handgrade & Grenson Masterpieces, at least fitwise. I opened the box, looked at the shoes--lovely-- and tried them on. Comfortable, right out of the box (808 last). This could be the start of a beautiful (and costly) relationship. And likewise, I still don't have a digital camera, though I intend to get one, and perhaps this is the motivation I need to post pix of these & possibly other (more modest) shoes in my wardrobe.

9. discostu004

discostu004 Affiliate vendor

[mean face] if you hadn't bought them, MAYBE i would have gotten them for resale [​IMG] who sold them to you?

10. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Can someone please post a pic of a Vienna II? I have a thing for Lobb Paris, but have no recollection of this particular shoe.

11. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

I am also a big fan of Lobb RTW designs. Absolutely love the Jermyn II and the Lopez. Prices are getting out of control. I have a pair of the Lobb Naders. Nice shoes, but no Jermyn IIs.

12. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

Would it be the shoe in this picture on the far left? [​IMG] Just kidding with you. [​IMG]

13. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

I want to see a pic

14. RJman

RJman Posse Member Dubiously Honored

Lobb Naders? Were they the ones who stole the election from Lobb Gores for Lobb Bushes?

15. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

JohnMS, nice pic-- fortunately, altho i DID purchase the shoes on sale, they were none of those pictured in your post.

OK, OK, i'll take pictures and will post as soon as developed on a cdrom-- it's worth it, they are an interesting shoe. basically, tho, they are a pair of black balmoral wingtips-- but without the wings/ tips or any punctated holes-- where the wings and punctations would be, the leather is smooth and rounded.