• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Bought Incotex

bachbeet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got these all cotton dress pants in sort of light slate blue (blue-gray?) color. My first pair of Incotex. Excellent!

I brought them to the tailor for hemming and asked him about that loop in the front near the waist. I noticed it on a pair of Brioni suit pants and wondered what it was for. He said it was to put the clasp (?) through to prevent sliding up or down of the belt. Of course! Great idea! How many here already knew this? Be honest.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bachbeet
How many here already knew this? Be honest.

Shoes023.jpg

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did; however, I admit that I had a pair of pants with this feature for a while before I discovered what the hell this thing did. I thought it was there to wipe after I peed.
wink.gif

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How many here already knew this? Be honest.
I didn't. Actually, it happens that I was trying on a pair of Zegna flanel trousers the other day, and the salesman was praising some details of those trousers, including that thing, and I actually wondered what the **** it was meant to be used for. I actually thought that it was some silly ornament...
Your are supposed to learn something new everyday, here it is 8:25 a.m. local time and I have already learnt that piece of something new for today.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
I thought it was there to wipe after I peed.
wink.gif

Not a bad guess. I have a 12x15 inch piece of extra cloth on the front of my pants to do the wiping. It's just barely big enough to do the job.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

pinchi22

Reaction score
Thanks for enlightening me. I thought it was purely decorative!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow...I love browsing this forum!

I didn`t even know that that loop existed until my wife asked me about it.
shog[1].gif

lifersfc

Reaction score
I just picked up my first few pairs of Incotex and I too was wondering what the hell that little tab was for! It makes perfect sense.

mumbojumbo

Reaction score
... to prevent sliding up or down of the belt. ...

I was aware of this and it also (or is this the core purpose?) keeps the buckle always in the center (almost no horizontal sliding).

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Not a bad guess. I have a 12x15 inch piece of extra cloth on the front of my pants to do the wiping. It's just barely big enough to do the job.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

[... wiping tears from laughing...]

johninla

Reaction score
I did know about the loop and the amazing things is it works!

Carey

Reaction score
Loop also is on E. Zegna's. Have it, knew it, use it.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I think a lot of the Zegna's are in fact made by Incotex. I like the loop, and have seen it on quite a few of my Italian made pants. It feels strange to wear pants and a belt now that do not have it.

I had a similar (opposite kind of ) experience. I have a nice black croc belt w/ a solid sterling silver buckle. The tightening system is a belt-wide bar that you fold in to position when the belt is at the proper level of taughtness (i.e. no clasp) - very nice belt that I always wore to complete an especially sharp ensemble if I were wearing black shoes. First time I wore it w/ 'looped' Italian trousers it felt very strange not having a 'clasp' to pass through the loop. Even w/ the belt cinched securely it felt like the buckle was sliding all over the place!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Carey
Loop also is on E. Zegna's. Have it, knew it, use it.

Ditto. But only because the topic has come up on the forum before.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads