• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just bough a pair of Nudie Slim Jim jeans

SDGuy

Reaction score
Just got it! It feels so comfortable! Mine is 32X32, but the waist is a "little" bit tight, I know as I wear it more often, it will stretch out a bit, so I'm sure that this is the right size for me. I'm 5'10 too so the length should be the right size too. However, my question is, what shall i do with the jeans first? Shall I wash? soak it first? I'm wearing it already cuz I can't wait to get the breaks and fades! It feels amazing! Also I had a thread about my purchase of my Cheap Monday, this jeans feels totally different from CM, this jeans is far superior than CM's. Just my little thoughts.

Ott

Reaction score
petition to make whodini a moderator:

signed

jcrew923

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
For the Nth time today party people, just wear them! When they smell like a donkey, wash.
i'm really new to all this raw jean's business and i've been looking around here for a bit and also superfuture
but when you wash it... just like throw it in the washing machine? or hot/cold soak them? can someone like pm me explaining that stuff... it's so hard to learn all this **** and i've been browsing all weekend on sufu and here

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrew923
i'm really new to all this raw jean's business and i've been looking around here for a bit and also superfuture but when you wash it... just like throw it in the washing machine? or hot/cold soak them? can someone like pm me explaining that stuff... it's so hard to learn all this **** and i've been browsing all weekend on sufu and here
Guess "Who" recently posted about washing their jeans... Read the post and then start from the beginning of the thread to see the learning curve: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...0&postcount=68 Washing machine? http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=12733 Washing early and often? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18526 Hot vs. cold? http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18098 Stay and browse longer... Ott... Don't know if that's a compliment but I guess I'll appreciate it. I think we've all seen what the mods are like around here.
cuckoosnest_05.jpeg
Edit: For added fun, guess who's who!

weirdnjfan1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
petition to make whodini a moderator:

signed

Agreed.

tljenkin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcrew923
i'm really new to all this raw jean's business and i've been looking around here for a bit and also superfuture but when you wash it... just like throw it in the washing machine? or hot/cold soak them? can someone like pm me explaining that stuff... it's so hard to learn all this **** and i've been browsing all weekend on sufu and here
1) You're going to want to start over with a different screen name before you get to far into your post count / identity and regret it later. 2) All you have to do is go to the SuFu encylopedia thread and read every single link from start to finish. I've been here since some time in January and picked everything up very quickly. Just get OCD about learning and you'll be picking up Samurai's on Rakuten in no time. 3) Become very adept at using google translate. 4) Why have there been so many crazy-generic / noobish threads recently? Is unwahsed denim starting to become trendy or something?
confused.gif

Ott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Ott... Don't know if that's a compliment but I guess I'll appreciate it. I think we've all seen what the mods are like around here.
the mods we have are fantastic. I mean, fok is a saint who brings us discounts and collabs on a regular basis. However, I don't think I'm the only one who's noticed the sudden influx of idiotic posts lately. If I see another "hey guys how do I wear jeans?!" post or another "hey dudes what's a good color to wear??" post or another KennyGhetzoff post (where he tries his little heart out to buy Nudies without actually buying Nudies) I'm going to freak
plain.gif
we need a bad cop! EDIT-
Originally Posted by tljenkin
4) Why have there been so many crazy-generic / noobish threads recently? Is unwahsed denim starting to become trendy or something?
confused.gif

aha
smile.gif
I still like that this place is more laidback than superfuture, but it's becoming really hard to sift through all the shitposts which swamp the front page.

jcrew923

Reaction score
1) You're going to want to start over with a different screen name before you get to far into your post count / identity and regret it later.

2) All you have to do is go to the SuFu encylopedia thread and read every single link from start to finish. I've been here since some time in January and picked everything up very quickly. Just get OCD about learning and you'll be picking up Samurai's on Rakuten in no time.

3) Become very adept at using google translate.

4) Why have there been so many crazy-generic / noobish threads recently? Is unwahsed denim starting to become trendy or something?
confused.gif

uh what's wrong with j.crew?
i don't care if people here don't like it
that's how i dress...

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ott
the mods we have are fantastic. I mean, fok is a saint who brings us discounts and collabs on a regular basis. However, I don't think I'm the only one who's noticed the sudden influx of idiotic posts lately.

If I see another "hey guys how do I wear jeans?!" post or another "hey dudes what's a good color to wear??" post or another KennyGhetzoff post (where he tries his little heart out to buy Nudies without actually buying Nudies) I'm going to freak
plain.gif

Some of the deals we've been getting from affiliates, friends, etc. have been superb and I think you're on the right track of bringing up the work Fok & Co. have been doing lately.

It's also the atmosphere of learning and sharing, perhaps with a few potshots at my mother (Sauce, Jet, BW, et. al), that keeps me coming back. I've mentioned posting a newbie sticky before but nothing seems to come out of it , we paste past threads asking the same questions and linking sufu, and then a week or two (or few hours as the case has been of late) we do it again.
plain.gif

I'll PM Fok and see if I can't come up with a draft for our own Encyclo thread.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) You're going to want to start over with a different screen name before you get to far into your post count / identity and regret it later.

VersaceMan got his name changed to VMan... somehow. So nothing's written in stone.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads