• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just Another Rich Kid SS07

savage

Reaction score
Hey all. We just received some of the JARK SS07 line. What do y'all think?
I'll just post some.. cause the images a big - HERE ARE THE REST...

jarkwwjd.jpg

jarknolove.jpg

jarkholden.jpg

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does that say '**** Gucci'?

quid

Reaction score
Looks too toolbox club wear to me.

savage

Reaction score
Yes is does say **** Gucci.

I don't want people reading my chest or trying to figure out what my shirt says/means.

Isn't that what a graphic t-shirt is for - to invoke conversation?

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I like wearing some graphic tees that are more subtle and wearable. Those just look trashy and run of the mill. I don't know the history of graphic tees, but i know i don't talk with people about the graphic on their tshirt. I try not to wear clothes for other people to stare in awe at how super rad my graphic is. The only clothing item i can see as something to promote conversation would be a band tshirt. You're wearing your opinions, and personality right on your chest, so you definitely will get comments on it from people who like the same band. I've talked to people about a band on their shirt, but i've never walked up to someone and had a conversation about loud, trendy, medieval motif, cluttered shirts.

I can go to express, a/x or other similar stores and get shirts like this. If the fit, material and construction are really nice on these, i wouldn't mind one if i could find something a bit more subtle. Kind of like the Chateux Roux shirts. Most are a bit too trendy/obnoxious looking for me, but there are about 2 of them i want because the design is nice and the construction on those are great. Hard for me to justify $60 on a tshirt though.

theshonen8899

Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
Isn't that what a graphic t-shirt is for - to invoke conversation?
+1
People are always asking what the colored words on my keyboard graphic shirt spell out.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never been a big fan of JARK t-shirts. Two reasons. First, the images always seemed juvenile and puerile rather than clever or ironic. Second, real rebels don't buy $60+ t-shirts.

This collection, with "**** Gucci" anti-branding, and upside down crosses and skulls strikes me, is just annoying, like 16 old kids who think that they are Anarchists.

Edit:

They don't make me think "cool t-shirts". They make me think "Hmmm... maybe I should dig up the scribbles I did in middle school, put them on tees, and show at Pool next year."

savage

Reaction score
$60 for a tee's used to seem expensive to me, but now i see that for a premium shirt, it seems to be getting more common. I think the highest priced tee's I've seen are from Kenzo Minami wich retail around $150!!!
seven4.jpg
I think the trends for Casual wear, for men, seem to getting more and more expensive each season. To me, it started with denim and is now trickling down to tee's, hoodies, etc... 5 years ago not too many people were buying $200 - $300 jeans, but now it's quite common. Of course the construction and materials are better as well.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by savage
$60 for a tee's used to seem expensive to me, but now i see that for a premium shirt, it seems to be getting more common. I think the highest priced tee's I've seen are from Kenzo Minami wich retail around $150!!!
seven4.jpg

I think the trends for Casual wear, for men, seem to getting more and more expensive each season. To me, it started with denim and is now trickling down to tee's, hoodies, etc... 5 years ago not too many people were buying $200 - $300 jeans, but now it's quite common. Of course the construction and materials are better as well.

Well, I've got no problem with $60 tees, although I wear tees out quickly enough that I don't buy expensive ones all that often. The difference between Kenzo Minami tees (which I really can't afford, except at deep discount) and JARK tees is the Kenzo Minami does some really interesting, unique graphics, while JARK, Taavo, etc... do not
smile.gif
Sorry, just not a fan
smile.gif

knucks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what the **** does this even mean: No Love Cost

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by knucks
what the **** does this even mean: No Love Cost

No Love Lost

In any case, the shirts are stupid. I wouldn't wear them for free.

atroopan

Reaction score
I've paid $60 plus for t-shirts, but that's cause of the material (merino) ad the fit on me, not for some cotton t-shirt that has a whacked out saying written across the chest.

I can't carry off that look anyway, so no graphic tees in my wardrobe.

Even those hoodies with the huge HOLLISTER written across the front seem a tad (insecure, pretentious, brand-whorish - insert favorite word here). But that's just me - prefer a cleaner look.

Exception to the rule though: Love it when women wear t-shirts with interesting (or not) sayings written across their chests. Gives me an excuse to stare
smile.gif

troop

p.s. One of the best has to be that A&F one about not needing a brain if you have 'these' instead - takes a bit of attitude with a nice body (hopefully) to pull that one off.

Bithabus

Reaction score
If I saw somebody wearing one of those shirts I would automatically dislike that person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads