• Welcome to the Styleforum Approved contest! This is a contest where everyone wins: in fact, every participant will get a (highly coveted) “Styleforum approved” bracelet to flaunt to your oblivious friends. The only thing you have to do is show appreciation for a member of the forum or an affiliate vendor.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Just a few more questions re: Tuxedos

mikeynyc

Reaction score
I just bought a single button, notch lapel Armani Collezione tux and got a pretty good deal, I think.

The pants don't have side tabs but fit fine so it didn't bother me. Just wondering what the story is on this?

Also, I wanted to wear a regular tie instead of a bow tie but wasn't sure about what kind of shirt to buy.
-should I get a wing collar pleated shirt or turn down collar plain shirt with french cuffs?

any help, suggestions are much appreciated.

oh, one last thing, the pants have a single pleat but I believe I am correct with going no cuff right?

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Definitely do not cuff the pants.

You really, really, should wear a bow tie, but if you don't, I'd go with a turn-down collar. If you insist on making it look like a suit, you might as well be some sort of consistent. I'd get a pleated or pique shirt before I'd get a plain-front, regardless of the collar.

Many modern tuxes do not have side buckles. You need suspenders, regardless of how well you think the pants fit.

Quirk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should wear a turn-down collar regardless.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Face Masks: Pick Your Favorite (Choose 2)

• Disposable surgical mask

• White cotton mask

• Linen-lined mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of suiting fabric

• Patterned mask (checks, stripes, fun print, etc.)

• Solid color silk mask

• "Sartorial" mask made of tie fabric

• Sports mask made of synthetic fabric

• Denim mask

• Face shield

Results are only viewable after voting.