• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jury Deliberations/Questions suck

the.chikor

Reaction score
I have a jury out/deliberating in a torture, mayhem case. The jury comes back after an hour and a half, requesting readback of a wintess' testimony. About an hour after readback, the jury comes back with an another question about convicting on the lesser offenses.

Trying to figure out where the jury is in deliberations or what count they are referring to, or if they are referring to all the counts is nauseating! The speculation can be worse than actually putting on the trial itself! I just had to vent. We come back at 0830 tomorrow to put the question on the record. This isn't going to be a fun verdict!
plain.gif

butterflystyle

Reaction score
What does this have to do with men's clothing?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compromise verdict. Wrong forum, but obviously you didn't dress well enough for your jury.
devil.gif

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out if the accused has surgeon's cuffs on his suit. if he does, then chances are he has them in order to allow him to roll up his sleeves to conduct the torture. In which case, convict the SOB.

Raralith

Reaction score
Clothing wise, I was the only one wearing a suit (besides the lawyers and defendant) when serving at the LA Superior court a few months back while every other juror was wearing t-shirt and jeans. It seemed like an interesting case, an African American on a narcatics charge (heroin) that wanted to defend himself while the public defender sat in the pew behind him, shaking his head during the voir dire process. I was so close too since the prosecution only had to reject two more people, and I would have been an alternative. Alas, they only rejected one, I was not picked. I don't know if I would have convicted him though, he did compliment me on my suit.

WoolPants

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
I have a jury out/deliberating in a torture, mayhem case. The jury comes back after an hour and a half, requesting readback of a wintess' testimony. About an hour after readback, the jury comes back with an another question about convicting on the lesser offenses.

Trying to figure out where the jury is in deliberations or what count they are referring to, or if they are referring to all the counts is nauseating! The speculation can be worse than actually putting on the trial itself! I just had to vent. We come back at 0830 tomorrow to put the question on the record. This isn't going to be a fun verdict!
plain.gif

rolleyes.gif

LesterSnodgrass

Reaction score
While it sounds bad, don't read too much into jury notes. They often mislead. And crazy **** happens when they go home and sleep on it. That's based on my nine years as a prosecutor.

Edit: And where the hell is mayhem still a crime? Wasn't it basically common law dismemberment?

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by S. Able
Did you wear any Centofanti during the trial?

Trial was three weeks. I wore all of my Centofanti suits, all of my Trabalza suits and all of my Caruzo suits. I had some well dressed jurors too, which was good to see. Also, we had some levis and t-shirt jurors as well.
laugh.gif

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
While it sounds bad, don't read too much into jury notes. They often mislead. And crazy **** happens when they go home and sleep on it. That's based on my nine years as a prosecutor.

Edit: And where the hell is mayhem still a crime? Wasn't it basically common law dismemberment?

Pretty much-serious bodily injury with permanent disfigurement. I keep telling myself not to read into the jury questions-but damn-it doesn't look good for the home team. Tomorrow at 0800 I will see.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LesterSnodgrass
And where the hell is mayhem still a crime? Wasn't it basically common law dismemberment?

In California Mayhem is still a crime and I see it every few months when fingers get cut off (by an axe or blade) or ears get ripped off during a Pure Six Brawl.

Another P.D. had a mayhem case involving a ********** incident (use your imagination). The victim actually complained to the police (while at the E.R.). To their credit, the police knew of the location, located the dismembered part and the E.R. doctor was able to sew it back. The suspect was located at the location and in typical LAPD style...confessed.

The DA "cut" the defendant a good deal as the victim's initial conduct did not appear "sympathetic" and appealed only to the most prurient of interests.

Yes Mayhem, it still a crime in California

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
Another P.D. had a mayhem case involving a ********** incident (use your imagination). The victim actually complained to the police (while at the E.R.). To their credit, the police knew of the location, located the dismembered part and the E.R. doctor was able to sew it back.

Ewwwwwwww.

NukeMeSlowly

Reaction score
Another P.D. had a mayhem case involving a ********** incident (use your imagination). The victim actually complained to the police (while at the E.R.). To their credit, the police knew of the location, located the dismembered part and the E.R. doctor was able to sew it back.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

the.chikor

Reaction score
In California Mayhem is still a crime and I see it every few months when fingers get cut off (by an axe or blade) or ears get ripped off during a Pure Six Brawl.

Another P.D. had a mayhem case involving a ********** incident (use your imagination). The victim actually complained to the police (while at the E.R.). To their credit, the police knew of the location, located the dismembered part and the E.R. doctor was able to sew it back. The suspect was located at the location and in typical LAPD style...confessed.

The DA "cut" the defendant a good deal as the victim's initial conduct did not appear "sympathetic" and appealed only to the most prurient of interests.

Yes Mayhem, it still a crime in California

Yeah, and in this case, the victim is a 9 month old child. -use your imagination.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads