• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junya Watanabe x Trickers

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps more suited to SW&D but I found these strangely appealing:

comme-des-garcons-junya-watanabe-trickers-spring-2009-4.jpg

comme-des-garcons-junya-watanabe-trickers-spring-2009-1.jpg

comme-des-garcons-junya-watanabe-trickers-spring-2009-2.jpg

comme-des-garcons-junya-watanabe-trickers-spring-2009-3.jpg

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw so many nice items on Men's Ex with Junya Watanabe x Clothing makers, including BB. Unfortunately those items are pretty much Japan only. ;(

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Call on a proxy. Otherwise, there's also the likelihood that Dover Street Market here in London will sell them. They should certainly sell these awesome shoes. I'm seeing the new collection next weekend - PM me if you're looking for anything

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The worst thing about these shoes is the fact that they look very durable and probably going to last for a very long time.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like the dark green ones with the white eyelets, although I wouldn't wear them.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've probably been hitting up too much of the Junya Kool-Aid - his stuff neatly matches my aesthetic - but nevertheless, I'm not exactly getting the hate here. At most, I would've bet on the rubber soles turning some folks off, but it is partly a traveller-themed collection. He also does the most palatable version of Thom Browne right now (though he did shrunken suits pre-Thom, but let's not go there)

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's mainly just Dkzzzzzzzz who hates trickers.

I like them but I wouldn't pay a premium over regular trickers prices.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SNAP! I saw these in their shop the other day whilst wandering the streets in HKG!

They are very cool.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen wilder designs from Tricker's themselves, like bright blue shell cordovan with a natural welt sole. I wonder if these are on any special last, hard to tell from the pics.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw a purple pair and, I think, a Union Jack-based or inspired design in their Jermyn Street window a while back - might look in tomorrow. I agree that they've done crazier on their own, but as presented on the runway, this was the first time I began to consider that Trickers might work with my fits. Junya is playfully eccentric in his work, but his last 3 collections have all had fairly serious shoes as he's been pushing a reinvented retro dandy kind of style in a way that mostly makes real world sense. Still, these are gonna be crazy expensive. PG, presumably, you were at eYe Junya Watanabe Man - what were the pricetags like, both for the shoes and for anything else you saw?

pejsek

Reaction score
These are all great. I particularly like the white ones (could really liven up a chalk stripe suit). Don't forget to have fun with your clothes sometimes. cdg has always been strong on shoes. I have a pair of black mesh lace-ups from the early nineties buried in storage somewhere. I really should ferret them out one of these days; perfect for showing off your socks.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I like the blue ones, and I'd wear them too.

awxg

Reaction score
I like the green ones. They'd look great with off-white cords.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics