1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Junya Watanabe SS and FW 09

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by chronoaug, Feb 18, 2009.

1. horriblyjollyjinx

horriblyjollyjinx Senior member

EG and JW can work together, yes. but to say "this is like expensive EG" shows you clearly failed to understand either designer and their visions

sigh. you have this way of stinking up every thread you post in.

please stop acting like you know what you're talking about.

you're plenty annoying yourself, what does it matter if he doesnt have the exact same sentiments about the collection as you do.
    and by the way, it certainly is like a more expensive and designed version of EG.
    internet bully, weak mind.

2. davo10375

davo10375 Senior member

Good to hear it went well barims, when did you get the jacket? PM me dont know if you saw me mention the newest sale on not, let me know if you want details.

3. barims

barims Senior member

^ Got it last week. PM'd you too

4. rupertwaddles

rupertwaddles Active Member

Damn do I love Junya. I love the way he makes men look, friendly approachable dapper cool. Maybe thats not it but I can't explain it better. Sadly its faaar out of my budget so I'm limited to imitation but that doesn't stop me from going back time and time again to look at pictures his runway shows. [​IMG]

5. onion

onion Senior member

Junya x Trickers for ss09 arrived at a local store... the black ones are beyond awesome... but 2.5k australian :| Anyone got any pictures of them or specific collaborations from this season to add to the thread?
    Damn I was wondering what they were goign to cost. I thought the the Ted Baker x Tricker's were expensive at around $875. They do look awesome though. I'd love a pair in red though I have no idea how I'd wear them The only photos I've seen are these: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Listi

Listi Senior member

I love this [​IMG] That looks like the perfect thing to wear on a fall day in the countryside or something and I'm just loving it.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Damn I was wondering what they were goign to cost. I thought the the Ted Baker x Tricker's were expensive at around $875. They do look awesome though. I'd love a pair in red though I have no idea how I'd wear them [​IMG]
    [​IMG] meh. alfred sargent makes almost the exact same brogue with a thick commando sole like that for about $300. I have the dark brown boot version of it, and I got it for $180 they're cool and all, but these overinflated collab pricing is getting out of hand

8. barims

barims Senior member

Reversible Brooks Brothers blazer, also comes in blue: [​IMG] Knitwear's also reversible: [​IMG][​IMG] A Details magazine fit with the red Trickers brogues for onion, worn with customised Levi's and another Brooks Brothers blazer: [​IMG]

9. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Is the thick soled wing-tip brogued shoes the new thing for next season?
    Prada also has a few in stored for the Fall I believe:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

I really like a lot of the S/S things. Dandy-ish yet eccentric.

Does anyone know/ remember what year/ season he did his collaboration with Post O'Alls?

11. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

Why designers feel compeled to have hair/accessories that border on the absurdely gimmicky especially in such a strong cohesive masculine line is beyond me. If anything you are saying look less at the clothes and more at this absurd nonsensical ongoing hair story I have going on. You might as well have all their dicks hanging out for as much sense as it pertains to the actual clothing.

I realize we have been over the whole "model looks like a pedophile/date rapist/retarded gecko" thing many times but this is just a glaring example of a great line and stupid editing. It's menswear not avant garde women's. Just stop.

and those gingham lined jeans are fuggin hot.

12. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

The hair looks good through all the collections. Styling was great. What's avant garde about it? So the models didn't have conservative barber cuts and it wasn't styled like how most normal people wear their clothes. I'd much rather browse this runway show than something boring and shitty like marc jacobs or something

13. Teger

Teger Senior member

thats becuase you're a brand whore chrono!!

14. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

Why designers feel compeled to have hair/accessories that border on the absurdely gimmicky especially in such a strong cohesive masculine line is beyond me. If anything you are saying look less at the clothes and more at this absurd nonsensical ongoing hair story I have going on. You might as well have all their dicks hanging out for as much sense as it pertains to the actual clothing.

I realize we have been over the whole "model looks like a pedophile/date rapist/retarded gecko" thing many times but this is just a glaring example of a great line and stupid editing. It's menswear not avant garde women's. Just stop.

and those gingham lined jeans are fuggin hot.

There's nothing avant garde about these hair cuts, also note the facial and leg hair, not common for the runway, certainly not for avant garde. I'll agree that the hair cuts are somewhat on the neat side, but the clothes are equally so as they're obviously new and crisp, so its consistent. Personally, I'd rather see a neat version of workwear/country on the runway then some greasy oily mug that looks like he's just been in the mines for 8 hours, it wouldn't look right and wouldn't suit runway.

15. wiru

wiru Senior member

Does anyone know/ remember what year/ season he did his collaboration with Post O'Alls?
    Last spring, tho maybe they did it other seasons. Stuff was nice but not enough to make me pay the collab price. Which is I guess what I thought about a lot of this stuff -- looks good but there are a million other mid-priced brands doing similar things

16. Mazda

Mazda Senior member

The hair looks good through all the collections. Styling was great. What's avant garde about it? So the models didn't have conservative barber cuts and it wasn't styled like how most normal people wear their clothes. I'd much rather browse this runway show than something boring and shitty like marc jacobs or something
    I wasn't saying it was avant garde, just that I see the point of hair stories in avant garde shows. The clothing styling was great I agree. Aside from the hunting jackets, which I'm kind of tired of seeing, I liked almost all of the stuff. That gingham outfit with the barracuta was on point.

17. dubcbadass

dubcbadass Senior member

meh. alfred sargent makes almost the exact same brogue with a thick commando sole like that for about $300. I have the dark brown boot version of it, and I got it for $180

they're cool and all, but these overinflated collab pricing is getting out of hand

where might i be able to find this alfred sargent or something similar for that price?

18. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

Last spring, tho maybe they did it other seasons. Stuff was nice but not enough to make me pay the collab price.

Which is I guess what I thought about a lot of this stuff -- looks good but there are a million other mid-priced brands doing similar things

Thanks for the info. I snagged a Junya CdG/ Post O'Alls jacket in the European Sample Sale and I was wondering when it was from.

The fabric and construction is very nice but the fit is oddly big in certain dimensions....my size medium is a little over 23 inches in the chest and the sleeves are exactly the right length for me but have an inch or so too much fabric up near the armhole.

I'm pondering getting it altered but I imagine it would need a fairly radical job done to it because I'm a regular medium. 21 inches in the chest is plenty for me.

It's strange because Junya's stuff usually fits slim.

19. WilliamTell

WilliamTell Well-Known Member

20. bluemagic

bluemagic Senior member