• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Just received my Junkard Boots. I noticed there aren't any threads on this company so I figured I would start one with pics of one of their most popular Shell Cordovan offerings right now, the sc2089. The leather is from an italian tannery in Toscana.

I've only had them for a few hours so I'm not ready to do a write up but my first impressions are good. I'll add a write up here after I've worn them for a few days.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice Matthew. They turned out nice. Looks like a brown ( iPhone can be deceiving). I bought a pair a few months ago in the rough out. I took a few pics when I unboxed but never posted

Here are few to add to your thread. Thanks for starting this up!

[/IMG][/IMG]

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score
[*]
Just received my Junkard Boots. I noticed there aren't any threads on this company so I figured I would start one with pics of one of their most popular Shell Cordovan offerings right now, the sc2089. The leather is from an italian tannery in Toscana. [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] [*] I've only had them for a few hours so I'm not ready to do a write up but my first impressions are good. I'll add a write up here after I've worn them for a few days. [*]
Nice Matthew! It looks as if those were inspired of Viberg's mohaogany shell but in stitchdown instead of GYW. Plus they cost a lot less compared to buying Viberg shell, which now I've done twice already. It will be interning to see how these age.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
They're definitely a different shape than Viberg 2030 last. They look similar but the heel is more square and they have a fuller fit overall. I'll easily be able to wear thick winter socks with these where as my wide feet would never let me do that with the 2030 or even 1035, unless I went a full size up (but then they're too long). Junkard Company will be an interesting company to watch grow. Hopefully they keep up with the great customer service.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Very nice Matthew. They turned out nice. Looks like a brown ( iPhone can be deceiving). I bought a pair a few months ago in the rough out. I took a few pics when I unboxed but never posted

Here are few to add to your thread. Thanks for starting this up!

[/IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for posting these. Do you have shots of how the soles are breaking in? What are you initial impressions on the quality?

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Matthew really love the shade of brown.. how did you size these? Did you have to send in tracings or size them based on other brands..

One last question.. where can I get those thick waxed round laces that are on the boots?

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score

Matthew really love the shade of brown.. how did you size these? Did you have to send in tracings or size them based on other brands..

One last question.. where can I get those thick waxed round laces that are on the boots?

They're very responsive on instagram. I asked all my sizing questions on DM. Just sent them my length and width measured with my foot flat on the floor. I ended up being a US 11 even though I'm usually a 10 in Alden and Viberg. They seemed to be spot on with their suggestions, but I don't think they have half sizes.

The laces came with the boots they sent me black wax, brown waxed, and flat brown.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Monkey boots are cool.

No size 46 though.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
Did you check with them? I didn't order through their site, I think they're still working on it. All the other options like 10 eyelets, and the different shell colors aren't on there. Maybe they have extended sizing that's not in the drop down.

No, I did not check on them. I did notice a bunch of colors were not on there for options.

& what do they charge for shipping? That website is sparse.

Last edited:

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
No, I did not check on them. I did notice a bunch of colors were not on there for options.

& what do they charge for shipping? That website is sparse.

I can't find the invoice now, but it couldn't have been more than $12. I'm pretty sure my total for the MTO was $477. I'm in the process of ordering my next build with them. It's going to be the sc2078 (same last but with a plain captoe). I'm doing it in brandy shell, with 10 eyelets, and commando half-sole. I can see these 2 junkards being my main boot rotation, and not needing any of my trumans anymore. I'll just have the Kudu Vibergs as my suede boot option, and grant stones for shoe days.

skyfall

Reaction score
They offer free international shipping. I just ordered the monkey boot II a few days ago and was only charged $235 for the boots + $6 PP fees

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased these whiskey cordovan boots from them a few months ago and have been very pleased with them.
bb4d24bc7d41372e4c52ad41a1c1095c.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads