• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Can I ask what your Brannock is or what sizes/widths do work best for you in other brands? (I'm assuming you didn't have that chance to try on other Junkard lasts)
*I just saw your kangaroo (natural? What's the make?)) Viberg post. I've been lusting for those. They look great. Do they fit ok?
10.5D Brannock, but have a lower volume foot.

Viberg 1035/2030 - 10
Alden Barrie - 10D
Alden Trubalance - 10C
Alden Plaza - 10.5D

Thanks! The kangaroos are on the 1035 last. Fit is great.

goalaso

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the military last? Is it related to the Munson (army) last?

Gonzo9

Reaction score
I can’t help with the sizing yet as these just arrived.
Rough Out, NH last, Stichdown.
The craftsmanship is amazing. Took about 2 months to build, but well worth the wait.
EC39E6BB-A5BD-4292-8A6A-17BFCF5BAB1E.jpeg

goalaso

Reaction score
I can’t help with the sizing yet as these just arrived.
Rough Out, NH last, Stichdown.
The craftsmanship is amazing. Took about 2 months to build, but well worth the wait. View attachment 1237764
Is that double leather midsole? Or just single leather where you can really see the stack?

Gonzo9

Reaction score
2 Layer Midsole.
SC Plain Toe in Rough Out Black.
Here’s the build.
E666B583-6420-4154-9C4A-55E50B6D37EE.png

goalaso

Reaction score
Just did a review of Junkard's Natural Glazed Shell.

Pictures here ()
  • NH last
  • EU 41
  • Hidden Eyelets
  • 2 Row Stitchdown
  • Structured Toe
  • Junkard's rubber wedge sole
  • Standard sheepskin inner lining
  • 2-layer leather midsole
  • Natural color edge trimming

I'm thinking about blind vs "hidden eyelets" on a shell model too. Are their "hidden" eyelets just on the inside of the shell? Do you find any issues with them?

Hey guys, looking to pick up a first pair of Junkards and need some help with lasts. The three most common ones that seem to pop up are the SC, NH and ALD/TR. I much prefer the NH and ALD for their rounder toes, but they're both wider lasts and I happen to have narrow feet. I traced my feet and asked Junkard, but they just gave me a size (43D) and didn't respond to my question about which last fits my feet best. The measurements of the tracings were 27.9cm long and 9.7cm wide, which gives me 10.5-11C using a brannock conversion chart. Based on that i'd say NH and ALD are too wide for me and I should use SC, but how big is the difference between them? Also does anyone know if they have a rounder toed narrow last? The website has a few D width lasts listed but I can't find info on them. I'll ask Junkard again when their business hours roll around but any input is much appreciated.
Same exact issue I'm having. Did you ever find which last fit best for your "rounder toed narrow" feet? I'm considering going with ALD or NH (maybe MLD) and just adding in tongue and/or heel cushions to fill up the inevitable extra volume w NH or ALD (according to comments from fellow low volume foot @Jmccle2 ). I have 8.5 and 9 Viberg 1035s on the way, so it will be interesting to see how those fit volume-wise, since it sounds like they are less voluminous than the NH last. Based on my foot tracing, I was recommended 42 *in any last*, which sounds odd to me, but I'm trusting their knowledge of their own lasts.

And a general question: does anyone have experience with their Blake construction? It's an MTO option, but there's no accompanying picture illustrating how they do Blake (Rapid stitch or not, etc). I'm interested in light and flexible, more than heavy and sturdy. But if it's Blake only in name, and still weights 1.75 lbs, then not so interested

goalaso

Reaction score
Does anyone have any insight on which Junkard last most closely approximates Viberg 2045 (ie Munson last, EEE width *in the forefoot*)?

goalaso

Reaction score
If anyone has size 42 (or 41 less optimally) Junkards on an ALD last (Triumph boot ideally, or any model, ie LC219, LT207, BR221, Irish Monkey boots II) and wants to make $80 just by letting me try your shoes on for a day (inside my place, on carpet, nothing crazy), I'd pay for shipping both ways and ship them back to you with tracking the next day. I'm in the U.S.; let me know, I have been on SF for awhile, so hopefully that's enough to assure you I won't run away with your shoes :)

OC513

Reaction score
I received my SC 2089 in Brown Horween CXL, stitchdown, brass eyelets and Danite soles on 9/10, ordered on 7/9. A bit over 2 months from order to my front door in NYC. I couldnt be happier. The stitching is amazingly straight, clicking is solid as hell, great construction. They nailed the fit for me off of my own tracings and measurements. IMO they cant be beat at this price. Fantastic boots at a great price.

goalaso

Reaction score
If anyone has size 42 (or 41 less optimally) Junkards on an ALD last (Triumph boot ideally, or any model, ie LC219, LT207, BR221, Irish Monkey boots II) and wants to make $80 just by letting me try your shoes on for a day (inside my place, on carpet, nothing crazy), I'd pay for shipping both ways and ship them back to you with tracking the next day. I'm in the U.S.; let me know, I have been on SF for awhile, so hopefully that's enough to assure you I won't run away with your shoes :)
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

goalaso

Reaction score
I would say take a look at the Triumph boots as it is widest and most comfortable last to me out of the SC,NH and whatever the Triumph boot is built on. I own all 3 lasts so that is my personal experience.

My toes are short but I have a wide forefoot (not super flipper but kinda) so the SC I have in shell is the hardest for me to wear so I really need to move it on to someone else who can wear it. The NH last boot I have works well but the Triumph boot has been the most forgiving for wide foot individuals.
What size do you take in each of the SC, NH, ALD lasts? (using their own bizarro size chart: https://www.junkardcompany.com/size-guide/ )

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads