• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
So are you saying that the MLD last still has a pointy toe but simultaneously saying it is wider in the forefoot area (aka between instep and ball)than the SC, whereas the NH is both wide and rounded toe?

Yes exactly. The MLD is like the NH but the point at the end is added on after the instep area, if that makes sense. The SC is pointiness starts at the instep where it actually effects the fit.

Drewmey

Reaction score
Yes exactly. The MLD is like the NH but the point at the end is added on after the instep area, if that makes sense. The SC is pointiness starts at the instep where it actually effects the fit.

Thanks. Doing a waxed flesh, 2078, double mid sole, half commando boot. Can't decide between an MLD or NH...
They recommended a 44 EU. I wear a 10D (after brief stretching through wearing) in a Allen Edmonds Higgins Mill which is a 1757 lasts, described as wide forefoot area.

martinz

Reaction score
natural cxl
48926373_2052668064795113_4587513968255303680_n.jpg

tan dublin
48428871_2051850021543584_8783500629067694080_n.jpg

geogibodies

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I went through the whole thread I'm impressed by the craftsmanship of Junkard and looking to order a pair.

I'm new to the world of leather boots and Thursday Boot's Vanguard in Natural Chromexcel is my only pair. Does anyone have experience with both Junkard and Thursday Boot to compare in terms of sizing and fit?

I am a US 10E (w/ medium weight socks) according to a Brannock size chart. But I have no problem fitting in Nike sneakers in 9 or even 8.5 in some cases (feet are weird, agree?). My Thursday boots are in 9D but the toes of my right foot feel being pushed and rub against each other (even in early morning). Sometimes, there is a little bit of pain in the forefoot too. But going half size up would make them to loose at insteps and heels.

Edit: one more point to add, I wear and could only wear thin dress socks with my Thursday boots.

Last edited:

drewcandraw

Reaction score
Best thing I can say is to measure you foot with a helper with the socks you would wear normally with the boots. Send that to them and see what they say regarding size and last. I have 4 pairs of footwear and the best fitting last ended up being the triumph boot. In order of lasts that fit my wide forefoot and weak arch i would ALD>NH>SC .

JNKRDCOMPANY

Reaction score
Thank you for your helping sir :D
Best thing I can say is to measure you foot with a helper with the socks you would wear normally with the boots. Send that to them and see what they say regarding size and last. I have 4 pairs of footwear and the best fitting last ended up being the triumph boot. In order of lasts that fit my wide forefoot and weak arch i would ALD>NH>SC .

JNKRDCOMPANY

Reaction score
bigsale 17an SQ copy.jpg

Hello everyone,

to celebrate our independence day, we have discount up to 17% off.

17% for Biffold Wallet III
15% for MTO (made to order ) Program
10% for RTW (ready to wear) Collection

Free shipping worldwide
Online purchase only
Valid until 19 Aug, 2019

Happy shopping! Merdeka Indonesiaku!
#junkardcompany

goalaso

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on which Junkard last would be closest to the Allen Edmonds (1757) Higgins Mill and/or Wolverine 1K last? Particularly regarding heel to ball ratio and overall volume. Small ankles, narrow overall, but very wide forefoot, low volume here...

EnglishAussie

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on which Junkard last would be closest to the Allen Edmonds (1757) Higgins Mill and/or Wolverine 1K last? Particularly regarding heel to ball ratio and overall volume. Small ankles, narrow overall, but very wide forefoot, low volume here...

I'm afraid I can't comment on the lasts as I am still a theoretical Junkard purchaser; but am awaiting replies with interest as it seems we have similar idiosyncracies of foot! I've been leaning towards the MLD based on others' descriptions.
Do you find the HM last works well for you? I've got some Sullivan Streets in D width, which surprisingly cradle both these skinny ankles and heel but don't seem to pinch the forefoot.

goalaso

Reaction score
The 1757 HM last is my best fitting last/boot in 9.5B. I'm basically a 9.25 C on the Brannock but my toes kinda splay out, so I've been told by different staff that I'm everything from an A to an E width. I generally just have to decide if I want to slam my pinky toe or tolerate heel slip. I generally only wear boots or chukkas as a result. Wolverine 1k in shell 9.5D is so-so. I've not been able to make the 511 last of the Sullivan St work for me, but I've only ever tried in D width- and it crunched my toes while my heel slipped. Didn't work at all, but I hope to try on a B width soon.
Is the MLD last the same as the "military" last, used in their shell chukka 03? That looked superficially like the best fit, but it's not included on their description page

EnglishAussie

Reaction score
The 1757 HM last is my best fitting last/boot in 9.5B. I'm basically a 9.25 C on the Brannock but my toes kinda splay out, so I've been told by different staff that I'm everything from an A to an E width. I generally just have to decide if I want to slam my pinky toe or tolerate heel slip. I generally only wear boots or chukkas as a result. Wolverine 1k in shell 9.5D is so-so. I've not been able to make the 511 last of the Sullivan St work for me, but I've only ever tried in D width- and it crunched my toes while my heel slipped. Didn't work at all, but I hope to try on a B width soon.
Is the MLD last the same as the "military" last, used in their shell chukka 03? That looked superficially like the best fit, but it's not included on their description page
I think their "Valour" brogue wingtips in the RTW section are on the MLD last...

JNKRDCOMPANY

Reaction score

Hello sir,

for make sure what your size, you can sent to us your measurement result at [email protected] . Like how long your length and width on CM.

MLD and Military last it's totaly different. MLD last overall characteristics are nothing more than our SC but has ‘lower’ toe box compared to its twin. Military last have very narrow look on the toe. But, both is D size or true size.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
Fellow low volume guy here. I had trouble with the SC and NH lasts being too high volume. I had to wear thicker socks to take up volume, which crowded the toebox. I couldn’t get a good fit.

goalaso

Reaction score
Fellow low volume guy here. I had trouble with the SC and NH lasts being too high volume. I had to wear thicker socks to take up volume, which crowded the toebox. I couldn’t get a good fit.
Can I ask what your Brannock is or what sizes/widths do work best for you in other brands? (I'm assuming you didn't have that chance to try on other Junkard lasts)
*I just saw your kangaroo (natural? What's the make?)) Viberg post. I've been lusting for those. They look great. Do they fit ok?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads