• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread after a while because I've just ordered from Junkard. Noting the sizing issues some have had, I provided very comprehensive measurements (in thick socks) as well as sizing info from 4 different systems.

Products : VESTITO
Size : 40D EUR
Leather : Horween Chromexcel - Color 8 / Burgundy
Lining : Fully Lined Lambskin
Toe Box Lining : Structured Toe
Hardware/Eyelets Color : Antique Brass
Extras : 4 Holes / 3 Speedhooks.
Shoelast : NH Last
Construction Method : Norwegian-Handwelted (chain stitch)
Welt Type : Stormwelt 360 Degree
Midsole : 2 Layer leather
Outsole : Dainite Commando Sole
Edge Trim : Dark Brown
Notes : lowered pull tab, dark stitching except welts

$420, including delivery.

vestito_small.jpg

The Vestito is a Field Boot, which is a bit like the EG Galway or the C&J Snowden in design - my adjustments (including the NH last, with its more rounded toe, dark stitching, the pull tab flush to the top of the shaft, and a commando sole) will make it a little closer to the latter, but with a toecap. And of course Colour 8 Chromexcel is much deeper and richer than the picture (which I think is some basic pull-up).

JNKRDCOMPANY

Reaction score
Reaction score
Could anyone help me out with sizing on the NH last? I'm not sure if I should go with 42 or 43 or go with a different last entirely. I was first sized at 43, but was suggested to size down to 42 based on another customer's input, but that person's sizing seemed inconsistent (included Grant Stone Leo in 8D which would definitely be way too small for me). Sticking with 43 for the moment.

I'm a 9d on the brannock with 9.5 heel to ball. I may need volume in the forefoot region.

My Clae and converse sneakers are all 43. I can post boot info too, but it's complicated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Okay, I guess it's too late for this pair, but for future reference, could anyone weigh in on whether 42 and 43 are more like 9 and 10 or 8.5 and 9.5? Or do the fuller lasts like NH and ALD offer some leeway?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads