• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Junkard Boots

hurhur

Reaction score
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

FullSizeRender 5.jpg

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Sorry for the huge pictures! Just received both my Junkard orders. Very satisfied with what I paid for them. I applied a layer of Saphir Renovateur when I got them and they already have a very nice shine to them.

Review:
As you can see, they are both on the same last and has a slightly almond toe shape. They also have quite a wide width on the fore foot, which works well for me because I have wide feet. FYI, I ordered a 41, which is a US 8, similar to what I wear in C&J Cardigan 4 and on the Alden Barrie. Both shoes came in a flimsy cardboard box, which is nothing much to shout about, and each shoe contained in a ziplock bag within a cloth shoe bag. Each pair came with the standard black round laces, an additional set of brown round laces(which I threw on my Navy longwings) and a set of dark brown leather laces.

Both shoes are on a 360 Goodyear Welt with double leather soles and a structured toe. The construction of the shoes are pretty impressive. Between the 2 shoes, besides one being a cap toe derby and the other a longwing, there are some slight differences in the shape of the shoes. The Whiskey derbies has a higher topline of about half an inch as compared to the longwing.

You can tell that there is a steel shank in the midsole due to the shape of the outsole(which I did not take pictures as I could not get good sunlight today). From picture #3, you can see that there are some 'spots' on the leather. Not sure where those come from, but I do not mind since I am wearing these as casual shoes and do will add on to the nice patina with wear.

Doing a comparison with the other more expensive shoes that I own(C&J, Alden etc), these Junkards are lighter, and the thickness of the leather is somewhat thinner. The leather used for the welt is also thinner than that of my C&Js. That being said, the construction of the shoes are pretty much on point. Definitely a good purchase.

Will try to get some on feet shots when the weather permits.

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
Wonderful shoes and great review, @hurhur! I'm glad to see some more variation with what Junkard has to offer.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They posted a picture of my Grey shell Monkey boots on instagram...look beautiful but they did a full dainite sole instead of the Logger sole....oh well...I can live with it.

hurhur

Reaction score
They posted a picture of my Grey shell Monkey boots on instagram...look beautiful but they did a full dainite sole instead of the Logger sole....oh well...I can live with it.

Those look awesome! they got the sole option wrong? I am guessing that they are quite swamped with orders recently. So constant reminders would be good. Probably have to get a pair of boots from them at this price.

martinz

Reaction score
does junkard have full logger sole? or did you mean half commando sole?

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a half sole and dainites version is called the Logger. It is by far my favorite sole. Junkard offers their version of it but I guess due to delays in getting the leather by about 4 weeks they worked pretty fast to get it turnwd out.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hurhur Looking forward to getting them...really the last style boot that i was missing. Yea sole error...So unless I am so floored by the quality or i need a niche boot in a color not sure if I will be buying again. My next boots will probably be a Truman Chelsea in stitchdown and perhaps a Truman chukka....i have Vibergs versions of those but the chelaeas are not stitchdown.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will post some pics later - the boots arrived..they look beautiful - construction is solid. My minor quips are the the shaping of the sole to the upper can use some work(almost looks like I have 2 right boots) and the left boot is tighter than the right which is very odd as my left foot is the smaller of the two.

The shell is uniform and beautiful as I know others have expressed some concern about the grey. I would not hesitate to order something again though it would need to be unique pattern(like the Monkey) or unusual color. That is more of a product of my rotation and needing the ability to resell which Truman/Viberg/Alden are easier to do so when I need to unload something when my tastes change.

quasi-lurker

Reaction score
2ish month update:

2XiANRP.jpg

Full album: http://imgur.com/a/nKEMr

I didn't take photos of the soles because they have barely worn. I've been "wearing" these for a little over 2 months, but since I work at home they actually don't get much walking time. The leather has darkened a little bit, the double leather soles have broken in more, and the rolls have really set in nicely.

Matthew Cruz

Reaction score
Wow.. looks like i've missed a lot of posts while i've been away. Nice to see all these cool MTO's finally getting shipped out. I might be getting another pair to test out soon.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads