• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

June wedding attire

JLA

Reaction score
I am attending a late June wedding. Any suggestions on a suit.
thanks...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Probably depends on the time of day and what part of the country you're in, but I wore a tan summer weight two button with white shirt and red paterned tie to a daytime June wedding last summer and got a lot of compliments.

I would suggest that even if it's an evening wedding, you might wear a navy suit, but work some summer colors into your shirt and tie, i.e. pink, yellows or light blues. Hope that helps.

Bradford

NavyStyles

Reaction score
I attended one in early July last year. I wore a khaki suit with light blue French cuff shirt and a yellow/light blue patterned tie.

I like the navy suit idea. But do remember summer for your shirt/tie combo... lt blue/yellow, and so on.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Just to amend my previous post - I took a look at the photos from the wedding last June, and it was actually a spread collar light blue shirt that I wore with my khaki suit.

Also - I should mention that it certainly wasn't a red "power" tie, but rather a tie with a red background and tan pattern. (Sorry, I don't know a better way to describe the tie.)

Anyway - just keep summer colors in mind and don't show up the wedding party. Remember, the bride should look better than anyone - and the groom should be a close second.

Bradford

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%