• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jumpsuits, Yeah!

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Amelia Earhart
amelia1.jpg
amelia2.jpg
amelia3.jpg

Ralph

ralph1.png
ralph2.png
suit

happyriverz

Reaction score
I’ve been wearing the EG jumpsuit that someone linked to on Y!JP for the last month or so quite frequently. @dieworkwear is right: after a while it becomes no longer self-conscious to wear a jumpsuit in public.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Any cool jumpsuits that are for sale and I can actually browse online?

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
What I actually look like if I wear a jumpsuit:

But this has not stopped me from wanting to get a jumpsuit.

Can't believe I never saw this thread. This was definitely my fantasy around age 10 - I liked to imagine myself working along side Charlie's Angels :inlove: - I always saw myself wearing one of these slim fit jumpsuits. I pictured it with short sleeves, in a safari tan linen (or double knit poly more likely).

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
A local vintage dealer just posted this one in his insta stories.

F255083D-8BA5-4967-8B9B-8CD91A734213.png

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Etude
etudes-m-rs19-4858-1.jpg

Jan Jan Van Essche

JUMPSUIT--9-20200324052245.jpg

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@troika love! the doggies, so sweet! I have not seen those photos. I posted a pic of Churchill with the chalkstrip suit and lizard loafers earlier on. those pix are totally on point for thread vibe.

i know jumpsuits are kinda dumb, but right now they just feel kinda right.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
oh yes, jumpsuits yeah!

sajesak

Reaction score
Anyway, I briefly tried this last winter but couldn't find the right body/leg length combination.

I think the only tolerable option is something similar to that Harnden model aka old workwear 1:1 copy : cotton twill, buttons front, wide legs.

A cheap and readily available milsurp option that fits those criteria is the old US army type 1 coveralls in od green sateen cotton from up until the 1970s or so (I think), there's a later version that's still 100% cotton but with velcro closure jumpsuit, wear, which sucks.
You may need to size up.

These

il_570xN.1306945708_jpfq.jpg
Hey I'm hoping everyone here can help me out with something. This year my oldest has suddenly decided that he wants to dress as Fett for Halloween! I have the armor with the vest attached, jetpack, belts, and other accessories from my older costume that I've not actually finished... Which leads to my question, where would you all suggest I go to locate at least the jumpsuit? He's not looking at trooping (at least not yet) but wants to at least have the jumpsuit heading in the right direction and at least get some gloves that are close. Time is of course an issue since we're just shy of a week away from the day.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads