Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

that's good to know about the coat, as I wasn't sure from the stock pic. Have you worn your Breton jumper yet? I really need it at the moment, it's bloody freezing here. I can't remember the last time I bought a jumper that wasn't a v neck though!

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

I wore it last winter, honestly it doesnt really get chilly enough to wear it that often here, maybe in the evening but that's it. The bretons are really warm, and isnt going to see light of day for another 7 months

btw, I measured my size 16 shirt and it is 18" across shoulder, not 18.5 as their site says, but I measured across the very top, they may have measured down a bit where it could be wider. So it might be safe to assume the shoulders are about .5" narrower than what they say it is. Regardless they dont seem wide and pretty much the same as most other shirts in a similar size, so it might be worth it to try one

3. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

ah yeah, I forgot where you are! It'll definitely get more wear where I am, as it's very windy here even during the summer.

Thanks for the info on the shirts. I think you're right, I'll get one when I order the jumper and see how it goes. Cheers!

4. aizan

aizan Senior member

i got a black gingham shirt (size 15) and staprest trousers (size 30) in the mail today. they don't quite fit right. on the shirt, the collar and bottom hemline fit perfectly, but the chest and shoulders are too big. poofs and wrinkles everywhere. the trousers fit well through the leg, but the waist and hip are also too big.

should i exchange them for a size smaller, or take them to a tailor?

5. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

you can't fix chest and shoulders on a shirt just get the next size down

size down on teh trousers too, then taper/hem whatever you need. bottom half is always easier than 2nd half to alter

6. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

Yea I would exchange the shirt for the next half size down. But you CAN have the shirt chest brought in, I've had it done to many shirts with good result. The shoulders you are stuck with.

the trousers I would alter locally as it's really easy to bring in the waist/hips if you only need to bring it in about an inch

If more than an inch, you should exchange for the next size down, but keep in mind their stapress goes in full size increments, so if you bought a 30 and go to a 28, you might need to widen out the legs if they're too tight.

7. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

8. aizan

aizan Senior member

so if there's too much fabric behind the shoulder, there's no way to get rid of it?

i'll get the trousers altered locally. any recommendations in la?

9. wmmk

wmmk Senior member

Anyone wanna throw up a fit pic of the Breton jumper?

+1

10. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Anyone wanna throw up a fit pic of the Breton jumper?
    Saw a pretty awesome flick recently featuring what I can only assume is a classic French Breton. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] The fit looks superbly slim and, damn, I want his haircut too. Unbelievably they run £75 with almost no eBay listings. Does anyone know of a garment which imitates the classic style? In either striped or solid colourways, for significantly cheaper. Are you all referencing a striped one? I live in Brighton but it's not much of a benefit as they have NEVER had a bloody shopfloor sale.

11. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Price is really good for what you get IMO. I'll post a pic sometime tonight whilst I take pics of sale shit.

12. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

Price is really good for what you get IMO. I'll post a pic sometime tonight whilst I take pics of sale shit.

But what, Mr. Biscotti, do you get? I simply don't have the bank balance. period. to indulge such purchases. I would be very willing to buy for, say, 40% less.

13. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

But what, Mr. Biscotti, do you get? I simply don't have the bank balance. period. to indulge such purchases. I would be very willing to buy for, say, 40% less.

It is an entirely French made garment, virgin wool, very nicely constructed, etc.

14. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

15. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

Jekyll, I don't know the current exchange rate, but that was how much I paid with shipping last year. I'd imagine that it is prob. like 140 now. It is very warm.

Here is a bad picture, but it gives you an idea (cam was on manual, didn't realize it). I have a 35" chest, and sized down to a 34" However, the sleaves are quite short so if you're tall get your actual size.

[​IMG]