Jump the Gun UK, great webstore for SUSS

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Get Smart, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Meis

Meis Senior member

Jekyll, I don't know the current exchange rate, but that was how much I paid with shipping last year. I'd imagine that it is prob. like 140 now. It is very warm.

Here is a bad picture, but it gives you an idea (cam was on manual, didn't realize it). I have a 35" chest, and sized down to a 34" However, the sleaves are quite short so if you're tall get your actual size.

[​IMG]

How long is that 34"?

2. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

I think it's quite obvious you wouldnt wear that jumper with a collar'd shirt [​IMG]

I didn't suggest otherwise. The problem is, the majority of my tops are collared shirts - shirts I'd preferably like to wear.

EDIT@^^: See what I mean? The sleeves or body don't seem half as slim as the ridiculously tapered sweater in the screenshots I provided. It's creating a pouch effect?

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

^^ ok so the Breton isnt what you're after, a sweater isnt going to be everything for everyone.

4. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

Tomorrow is my last day in the UK before I fly back to the US. I'm trying to resist the temptation to go down to Brighton again and buy another pair of the boots (in black). I'll probably succeed in resisting, but I'll regret it. [​IMG]

5. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Tomorrow is my last day in the UK before I fly back to the US. I'm trying to resist the temptation to go down to Brighton again and buy another pair of the boots (in black). I'll probably succeed in resisting, but I'll regret it. [​IMG]

If you do, please try on EVERYTHING they stock and take pics! [​IMG]

I am close to placing another order (shirts & trou, maybe a jumper), but the lack of fit pics (aside from this thread) has so far deterred me.

6. JaPo

JaPo Senior member

If you do, please try on EVERYTHING they stock and take pics! [​IMG]

I am close to placing another order (shirts & trou, maybe a jumper), but the lack of fit pics (aside from this thread) has so far deterred me.

I went in today and tried on a few things.

Really pleasant shop assistants, and the fit of the shirts, bar the sleeves, is impeccable. I tried on a 15 1/2" in the long sleeved gingham and the roll of the collar and hug of the torso was great. However the arms were comparably billowy.

I also tried on the Breton jumper again. Nearly broke out in a sweat within 10 seconds and it fits slimmer on me than on Biscotti, but I'm still not convinced. Will give it some more thought soon.

I would fully recommend nabbing some of their long-sleeved shirts. They look better than their short-sleeved ones, in my opinion. Didn't try on any of their jumpers or trousers as I was feeling a tad stressed, so I can't comment, but I will do in the future.

7. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

so, did you go back or not?

the fit of the shirts, bar the sleeves, is impeccable.

I appreciate they do half sizes so you can decently fine tune the fit if one size is a smidge small/big. I also think their staprest fit is perfect if you don't have a lot of lower body bulk. So cyclists need not apply

8. Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer Senior member

so, did you go back or not?

Sorry, didn't get a chance. My flight was in the mid afternoon so it would have been really tight to get down to Brighton and back in time to leave. I spent my morning at the British Museum and walking around North Bond Street (walked by the RM Williams store, incidentally) instead.

That said, I'm very happy with my acquisition from JTG. I wore my monkey boots back on the plane as my AE Joplins were worn out from seeing continuous use for the last week and a half.

9. jpo

jpo Senior member

Bummed, I really dig the looks of their gingham shirts and sta-prest trousers, but everything is too short for me. Geez, only 32" inseam on the trousers and 24.5" sleeve length on the shirts is too short for me. I usually need 34-35" inseam and 26"+ on sleeve length. I wish they had some longer lengths, as one can always tailor shorter, but obviously, can't add length! But, I did order the Loake Royal's in Burgundy. I'm very excited, as this will be my first Burgundy shoe. Get Smart has shown me the force and power....of the Burgundy shoe [​IMG]

10. theom-

theom- Senior member

What was the consensus on the quality? You guys think one of their Harringtons is worth it for $80?

11. Biscotti

Biscotti Senior member

What was the consensus on the quality? You guys think one of their Harringtons is worth it for $80?

I do not have one, but I imagine that it will be just as nice as any of the other JTG products, and I've always been satisfied by the pants and shirts.

12. AntiHero84

AntiHero84 Senior member

I've been debating the Harrington as well. GetSmart seems to think they're comparable to the Warrior Harrington. For the cheaper price tag, I might go with Warrior.

13. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

I've been debating the Harrington as well. GetSmart seems to think they're comparable to the Warrior Harrington. For the cheaper price tag, I might go with Warrior.

The JTG Harrington is definitely good value and better quality than Warrior, IMO. The only thing I don't like about the JTG is the coarse fabric used for the lining. I'm actually thinking of buying another one in burgundy - though I wish they used a different tartan for that colour.

14. Bullitt

Bullitt Senior member

I got a similar one from Merc a couple of years ago. Still wear it and it was worth the 40 quid.

JtG makes a proper working class Harrington - low price, ok quality, no fancy details. I'm not a fan of the lining though which I prefer to be fluffy and wool like. It's a matter of taste of course. The shop opposite the road from JtG sells Harringtons like these for 30 pounds.

15. Get Smart

Get Smart Don't Crink

one thing about Warrior's harrington is that the tartan lining doesnt go all the way to the edge, it stops about .25" or so which doesnt sound like much but it makes it look a bit "off". They used to go the edge as it should but since a year or so ago it seems they've changed factories maybe. A lot of the cheaper harringtons seem to have this feature now, of stopping the lining a few centimeters from edge.

Warrior is cheap but a lot of their gear is really cheap quality as well. The harringtons are probably the better of the cheap items they sell, avoid their shirts!