• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Julius

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Take your SZ wares elsewhere, *****.

Yeah gotta agree with this, I'm a big fan of the avant garde/post-modern designers but it's not really appropriate for this forum. I know we embrace diversity but cultural traits are guaranteed in any community and I think these jawnz don't really mesh with the people here. Not for better or for worse, it's completely subjective.

cjl2g

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by XenoX101
Yeah gotta agree with this, I'm a big fan of the avant garde/post-modern designers but it's not really appropriate for this forum. I know we embrace diversity but cultural traits are guaranteed in any community and I think these jawnz don't really mesh with the people here. Not for better or for worse, it's completely subjective.

+1

axe

Reaction score
250x345_belushi.jpg

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif
To OP:
lurker[1].gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Did XenoX just use the word 'jawnz'? I'm going to change the name of my brand.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright. I don't care what the status quo on the forum is or what you think is appropriate. Some people here can and will appreciate Julius and this thread. Stop ******** everywhere and maybe people won't hate you so much. Good god.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i think the "not appropriate for this forum" comments are horseshit but julius has sucked hard for 4 seasons now

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Head to toe Julius is pretty extreme. Not many people out there can pull that off.

Not too many people would want to pull it off. I really like Julius outerwear and accessories, but see to reason to match them with washed leather pants, and probably wear my Julius and other SZ gear in a way that would make purists see red. I think that worn in a different context, you look more like Clive Owen in Sin City than a Persian in 300. I like the match an Odyn Volk jacket with distressed jeans and desert boots and my Julius belt, for example. Just looks more natural for me. YMMV.

I've always thought that using the phrases "relevant" and "dialogue" in fashion is usually abusive of the terms. I do think that other brands in the same genre bring more to the table, both technically, and "to the dialogue" (lol).

I really think that brands that are popular on Styleforum, not Stylezeitgeist, bring "more to the dialogue" insofar as they are more commercial, and so designers have to be relevant to the zeitgeist than do brands that hawk $1.5K boots and $5K jackets to a very limited clientele.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
Head to toe Julius is pretty extreme. Not many people out there can pull that off.

STFU. Styleforum is what it is because we've always allowed people to discuss whatever they want, whether it's tailored clothing, or Samurai jeans, or Wings+Horns. And now people want to post about Julius and MA+. If you don't want to discuss these topics, or are still butthurt because you haven't been able to stimulate any discussion, maybe you should either get out of the threads, or learn something from Natan.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Not too many people would want to pull it off. I really like Julius outerwear and accessories, but see to reason to match them with washed leather pants, and probably wear my Julius and other SZ gear in a way that would make purists see red. I think that worn in a different context, you look more like Clive Owen in Sin City than a Persian in 300. I like the match an Odyn Volk jacket with distressed jeans and desert boots and my Julius belt, for example. Just looks more natural for me. YMMV.

I've always thought that using the phrases "relevant" and "dialogue" in fashion is usually abusive of the terms. I do think that other brands in the same genre bring more to the table, both technically, and "to the dialogue" (lol).

I really think that brands that are popular on Styleforum, not Stylezeitgeist, bring "more to the dialogue" insofar as they are more commercial, and so designers have to be relevant to the zeitgeist than do brands that hawk $1.5K boots and $5K jackets to a very limited clientele.

Julius is relevant here because, as you point out, many enjoy certain of their wares when incorporated in a different context. We also like to discuss fashion from time to time. I did tell Lowrey these pictures suck and the runway styling was misleading, which is usually not the case, as I handled the collection afterward and was surprised at the wearability of many pieces, my favourite being a short and very rounded grey leather jacket that looks more like a pageboy top than anything else. It looks surprisingly masculine and could be worn with a scoop neck, some raw jeans and RMW boots no problem.

Due to the high yen and increase in construction quality and cost prices are going to be steep in the US and Europe. ;(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads