1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Julian Assange Style (Wikileaks Tool)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jrd617, Dec 2, 2010.

1. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

God damn it.

Do you think I live in Washington all day, then go on a clothing forum to talk about international affairs?

God damn it.

Take it easy. We're talking about his clothes.

Anyway, looking forward to the next release, apparently its about Bank of America.

2. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

Take it easy. We're talking about his clothes.
    Yeah, you say that, but...
    No, more like it now looks like the US lacks confidence in key allies and Russia behind closed doors, and now it's available for the world to see.

And it will become harder for the US to gain the trust of allies in the future because of the spying program disclosure. (Not that it was ethical)

America has no permanent friends or enemies only interests....Henry Kissinger.

Only very foolish people believe in diplomatic brotherhood..

+1. Assange is ruining a good thing in Wikileaks IMO because he's become too much of a paranoid prima donna, rather than staying behind the scenes and letting the material speak for itself a bit more. It's not like there's huge amounts of new stuff that's been revealed, but the "open window" so to speak is quite revealing, particularly in the pretty much constant fact that the US government says one thing in public and does/feels the exact opposite in "private." Perhaps that should inform a discussion of how apparently the government has refused to help edit the releases to protect people - they'd rather deny it and then lambaste Wikileaks for not editing.

I'm sure the sex charges are partly true and partly trumped up - the timing DOES seem rather convenient, and it DOES seem the only reason this guy would get girls, based on his style, is if a) he has money or b) he's got international notoriety. Either way, though, Wikileaks needs someone to be their public face who's a little less... dramatic and controversial.

I don't really have a problem with the ideology behind Wikileaks (transparency of governments, freedom of information, and truthful reporting in journalism), but I do have a problem with Mr. Assange try to play celebrity while the alleged leaker, Pfc. Manning, who did far more for Wikileaks than Assange ever did, will never enjoy his life again.

And no, nothing earth shattering in his disclosures.

Apart from being really smug and a menace to stable international relations

I don't think the leaks in question are big surprises....

Gordon Brown a weak PM?

Sarkozy a control freak and Berlusconi a pervert?

Saudi sponsoring terrorism and wanting to destroy Iran's nuclear capacity?

British Royals being rude and obnoxious?

CIA spying on the five members of the security council?

No way...

What's next?

George Michael is gay?

The last is virtually identical to an acquaintance's Facebook post on the topic.

3. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

^^^^ AmplifiedHeat, you mis-attributed a couple of quotations to me

4. amplifiedheat

amplifiedheat Senior member

^^^^ AmplifiedHeat, you mis-attributed a couple of quotations to me

Multi-quote was broken.

5. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

The last is virtually identical to an acquaintance's Facebook post on the topic.[/quote]

Really?

I didn't know George Michael was big in the States...

It is a further proof that these Leaks are no surprise to any person with some superficial geo -political knowledge..

Is Russia really a rogue state?[​IMG]

6. cptjeff

cptjeff Senior member

Anyway, looking forward to the next release, apparently its about Bank of America.

Yeah, that one should be quite entertaining. Lynch mobs in NYC, anyone?

7. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

He is a tech-geek and a hacker and dresses accordingly.

This.

8. __PG__

__PG__ Senior member

Wait until the next mega-leak about Ny investment banks...(assuming he lives that long).

9. cimabue

cimabue Senior member

He has just revealed to the masses what more politically astute people knew for a long time..

Wikileaks rules...

In Britain ,the thing is quite hush hush...

The special relationship has taken a few dents recently...

Hm, I get the most breathless, slavering and in-depth reporting about Wikileaks from the Guardian online.

10. bhall41

bhall41 Senior member

Sometimes he looks like he has a kind of Elric of Melnibone thing going on (if Elric was dressed by his mum)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. amdovers

amdovers Well-Known Member

we should give him some money for the possible defence.
    It´s hard to believe that people here don´t seek the truth and go against people like him.
    He is a hero of modern times!

12. HarleyBob

HarleyBob Senior member

we should give him some money for the possible defence.
    It´s hard to believe that people here don´t seek the truth and go against people like him.
    He is a hero of modern times!

Oh come on! He certainly is not a hero. What he has done has damaged international relationships and made it harder for countries to agree. It is simply not possible for all negotiations, discussions, concessions, etc. to be aired in public. I hope they find him, prosecute, convict and put him away for a long time.

13. LRMD

LRMD Well-Known Member

He's not a hero, he didn't so squat. He is a narcisistic dork who didn't even start the site...a simple site where other people can post info they take risks to get. He puts himself out there and takes all the credit for the site and the leaks, equating himself with wikileaks and making people think he's the worlds savior. You think that without this weasel or that site it would somehow be difficult to spread information over the Internet? Get real.

And he dresses like shit.

14. amdovers

amdovers Well-Known Member

wow. This thread is so nasty. You guys really hate him. I´m glad I don´t live in countries that bombard its citizens with biased media all day...
    Take a break.
    I sent him 50 GBP for his defence, in case Uncle Sam interferes in other´s countries judicial system! If it gets diry, I will send more. Long time ago since I´ve seen a good initiative worth my money.

15. LRMD

LRMD Well-Known Member

wow. This thread is so nasty. You guys really hate him. I´m glad I don´t live in countries that bombard its citizens with biased media all day... Take a break. I sent him 50 GBP for his defence, in case Uncle Sam interferes in other´s countries judicial system! If it gets diry, I will send more. Long time ago since I´ve seen a good initiative worth my money.
    Not any kind of flag waving yeehaw...but this assange guy is the one fixated on the media and his public persona, and I think he is an opportunist with an inflated sense of self-importance. Doubt he raped anyone and yeah he's getting smeared and stuff. Probably not fair. But thinking he is kind of a tool does not necessarily mean you're a victim of propaganda, not well-read, or otherwise ignorant. His organization would be better off if he wasn't trying to be larger than life. And those glasses...for fucks sake

16. entrero

entrero Senior member

wow. This thread is so nasty. You guys really hate him. I´m glad I don´t live in countries that bombard its citizens with biased media all day...
    Take a break.
    I sent him 50 GBP for his defence, in case Uncle Sam interferes in other´s countries judicial system! If it gets diry, I will send more. Long time ago since I´ve seen a good initiative worth my money.

Kids these days [​IMG] .

17. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

Oh come on! He certainly is not a hero. What he has done has damaged international relationships and made it harder for countries to agree. It is simply not possible for all negotiations, discussions, concessions, etc. to be aired in public. I hope they find him, prosecute, convict and put him away for a long time.

Truth hurts...

It is a lot easier to spread certain visions of the world through reliable channels like Fox news...[​IMG]

It is embarassing but no earth shattering...

Will will damage the US image anymore?

Not really...

18. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

What he has done has damaged international relationships and made it harder for countries to agree.

A relationship based on lies and mistrust is hardly a relationship at all.

I learnt this from Jack Bauer.

19. jaypee

jaypee Senior member

turning a 'super power' on its head single handedly..