• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Julian Assange Style (Wikileaks Tool)

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
15,159
Reaction score
2,532
Apart from being really smug and a menace to stable international relations, he has terrible style.

It looks like he's going for a minimalist aesthetic, but fails miserably with the fit. The glasses are just plain comical. Definitely looks the part of a molestor.









 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,133
Reaction score
1,644
jrd617;3859110 said:
Apart from being really smug and a menace to stable international relations, he has terrible style.

It looks like he's going for a minimalist aesthetic, but fails miserably with the fit. The glasses are just plain comical. Definitely looks the part of a molestor.



I don't think the leaks in question are big surprises....

Gordon Brown a weak PM?

Sarkozy a control freak and Berlusconi a pervert?

Saudi sponsoring terrorism and wanting to destroy Iran's nuclear capacity?

British Royals being rude and obnoxious?

CIA spying on the five members of the security council?

No way...

What's next?

George Michael is gay?
 

AE7

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2010
Messages
650
Reaction score
12
Well, he is from Down Under to start with.
 

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
15,159
Reaction score
2,532
lasbar;3859129 said:
Originally Posted by jrd617
I don't think the leaks in question are big surprises....

Gordon Brown a weak PM?

Sarkozy a control freak and Berlusconi a pervert?

Saudi sponsoring terrorism and wanting to destroy Iran's nuclear capacity?

British Royals being rude and obnoxious?

CIA spying on the five members of the security council?

No way...

What's next?

George Michael is gay?


No, more like it now looks like the US lacks confidence in key allies and Russia behind closed doors, and now it's available for the world to see.

And it will become harder for the US to gain the trust of allies in the future because of the spying program disclosure. (Not that it was ethical)
 

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2007
Messages
6,452
Reaction score
312
I hate his "style". Hate him much much more.

And no, nothing earth shattering in his disclosures.
 

AlmostFullBenefits

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2010
Messages
451
Reaction score
1
I don't really have a problem with the ideology behind Wikileaks (transparency of governments, freedom of information, and truthful reporting in journalism), but I do have a problem with Mr. Assange try to play celebrity while the alleged leaker, Pfc. Manning, who did far more for Wikileaks than Assange ever did, will never enjoy his life again.


And he dresses like a douchebag should dress.
 

amdovers

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2010
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
He has the confidence to pull the cheap suit out, he has other things to deal with. All of you would die for that confidence!
Kudos for his efforts to enlight us! we stupid ignorants worried about banal things.
 

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
26,133
Reaction score
1,644
jrd617;3859151 said:
Originally Posted by lasbar

No, more like it now looks like the US lacks confidence in key allies and Russia behind closed doors, and now it's available for the world to see.

And it will become harder for the US to gain the trust of allies in the future because of the spying program disclosure. (Not that it was ethical)


America has no permanent friends or enemies only interests....Henry Kissinger.

Only very foolish people believe in diplomatic brotherhood..
 

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2008
Messages
1,430
Reaction score
58
Originally Posted by AlmostFullBenefits
I don't really have a problem with the ideology behind Wikileaks (transparency of governments, freedom of information, and truthful reporting in journalism), but I do have a problem with Mr. Assange try to play celebrity while the alleged leaker, Pfc. Manning, who did far more for Wikileaks than Assange ever did, will never enjoy his life again.


And he dresses like a douchebag should dress.


+1, I think Mr. Assange comes off as a self promoting creep.
 

BillyMaysHere!

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2009
Messages
773
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by jrd617
No, more like it now looks like the US lacks confidence in key allies and Russia behind closed doors, and now it's available for the world to see. And it will become harder for the US to gain the trust of allies in the future because of the spying program disclosure. (Not that it was ethical)
Admit it, you just started this thread because you want to bitch about him, and you figured bringing up his sartorial taste would gain unanimous disdain for him. That said, he is a terrible dresser.
 

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
1,419
Reaction score
8
God damn it.

Do you think I live in Washington all day, then go on a clothing forum to talk about international affairs?

God damn it.
 

negusnegas

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2008
Messages
470
Reaction score
5
+1 Billy Mays
Seems like this is more about political ideology than style of dress. I am sure there are plenty of forums that could quench your thirst for blood.
 

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2003
Messages
6,117
Reaction score
676
Originally Posted by jrd617
......baw...baw...baw....baw..baw..etc







Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
Admit it, you just started this thread because you want to bitch about him, and you figured bringing up his sartorial taste would gain unanimous disdain for him.

That said, he is a terrible dresser.

agreed
 

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
41
lasbar;3859813 said:
Originally Posted by jrd617
America has no permanent friends or enemies only interests....Henry Kissinger. Only very foolish people believe in diplomatic brotherhood..
+1. Assange is ruining a good thing in Wikileaks IMO because he's become too much of a paranoid prima donna, rather than staying behind the scenes and letting the material speak for itself a bit more. It's not like there's huge amounts of new stuff that's been revealed, but the "open window" so to speak is quite revealing, particularly in the pretty much constant fact that the US government says one thing in public and does/feels the exact opposite in "private." Perhaps that should inform a discussion of how apparently the government has refused to help edit the releases to protect people - they'd rather deny it and then lambaste Wikileaks for not editing. I'm sure the sex charges are partly true and partly trumped up - the timing DOES seem rather convenient, and it DOES seem the only reason this guy would get girls, based on his style, is if a) he has money or b) he's got international notoriety. Either way, though, Wikileaks needs someone to be their public face who's a little less... dramatic and controversial.
 

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

  • Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

  • Loafers

  • Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

  • Monk strap shoes

  • Oxford / Derby shoes

  • Sneakers


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
427,229
Messages
9,194,584
Members
193,106
Latest member
MTM_Suits

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Top