• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Juicers?

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sister's getting married and I want to get her a nice gift. After a bit of prodding her for what she wanted, I've decided upon a quality juicer.

I'm looking to hopefully spend under $400. I've been looking at auger juicers and they seem good.

Any recommendations?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your sister should not marry a juicer.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
Your sister should not marry a juicer.
ffffuuuu.gif

I've been seeing videos about the Hurom juicer. Seems pretty good...

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a more serious note, juicing always seemed like a single-person thing to do. And don't listen to people who say they want healthy things in their lives. Spoil her. Ice-cream makers might be a better fit.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for helping brah. lol maybe I'll give them cash.

On the other hand, we both grew up drinking freshly juiced fruits and veggies. I think she'd like it, and her fiancee likes staying healthy. Plus, I wouldn't want my future brother in law to see her wife become an anglo fatass...

Tarzan

Reaction score

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jack Lalane juicer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
i thought this was about people taking steroids
confused.gif

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
i thought this was about people taking steroids
confused.gif

Thats in the Health and Body section.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
what about the breville 800jexl?
Breville800jexl.1.jpg

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem like a great idea at first, but when you consider how many oranges you need just to make a full glass of juice, you'd have to buy a ridiculous amount of fruit to use the thing on a regular basis. Factor in clean up, and they're a waste of money IMO. Drinking juice won't keep anyone from becoming fat or make anyone that's already fat become skinny. If you're looking out for him, buy them a gym membership.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by suited
They seem like a great idea at first, but when you consider how many oranges you need just to make a full glass of juice, you'd have to buy a ridiculous amount of fruit to use the thing on a regular basis. Factor in clean up, and they're a waste of money IMO. Drinking juice won't keep anyone from becoming fat or make anyone that's already fat become skinny. If you're looking out for him, buy them a gym membership.
I know my sister... she loves juice. I've owned juicers before. Like I said, we grew up drinking fresh juice regularly. The fat remark was a joke... because that guy recommended an ice cream machine. Ice cream has more calories and fat than juice.

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
Breville800jexl.1.jpg

I looked into it. It seems to be made well, and has great reviews on Amazon.com. I think an auger type juicer might get the job done better though. Also, I don't think it's available in 220v, which is a key factor for buying a juicer for her.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy

Breville800jexl.1.jpg

How much is that? It looks pretty complicated to operate

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads