1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jpress Location and others

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by demeis, Mar 13, 2005.

1. demeis

demeis Senior member

I'm gonna be in NYC tommarow and i dont' spend much time there.  I was wondering if someone could let me know the address of JPress.  I know this has also been convered places to go but the search hasn't been bringing anything up (it isn't even finding my post on internships when i type the exact name in).  So if someone could point me to that thread or just list places.  I've already got:

Century 21
    Syms
    Charles Tywhitt
    Paul Stuart

I can't think of any other places so if anyone could list some with address i would appreciate it.

thanks
    Nik

Edit: i'm looking at these place to apply for a summer job and do some shopping. There are three filenes stores etc. I was wondering which ones are better and i should go to so i don't waste time at ones that aren't that good.

2. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

J Press is on 44th Street, just west of Madison and around the corner from Brooks Brothers (the 346 Madison Avenue location).

3. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Senior member

Paul Stuart is about a block from BB. Stop by Alden along the way and be tempted by the shell cordos. Tyrwhitt is about 5-6 blocks north on Madison from P/S. Century 21 is far downtown.

I've never found anything worthwhile at the UWS Filene's--maybe I just didnt know when to look.

NCT

4. TimelessRider

TimelessRider Senior member

Edited for failing to read the original post thoroughly. [​IMG] There's an Allen Edmonds diagonally across from J Press. Bigger department stores may be looking to hire and always always fun to shop at: Bloomie's : 60th/Lex Saks: 48th/5th Barney's: 60th/Madison Bergdorf's: 58th/5th And don't forget the RL mansion at 72nd/Madison.

5. demeis

demeis Senior member

Hey thanks for the response. The ones i've listed i already know where they are i was wondering if people could recommend additional places to go.

6. ord

ord Active Member

Seize sur Vingt is a cool place to check out. Â It's in NoLita, a little out of the way from most of the other men's stores. You may also want to take a look at some of the websites devoted to living in NYC. They have plenty of information on stores, boutiques, etc. Â Try NY Metro or MUG.

7. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

BB is on the NW corner of 44th and Madison. It's pretty much just next door to Paul Stuart.

8. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

If you do go the Mansion, be sure to stop by Silvano Lattanzi, which is just down the street on Madison. I hadn't been in NYC since my clothing obsession reached new heights thanks to this group and I'd forgotten it was in the area. I walked by and glanced in the window, saw the gorgeous shoes and did a double take and went back to press my nose against the glass. I then looked up and realized it was Lattanzi. Alas, they were closed. But it is well worth a trip just to gawk.