• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jpress Location and others

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna be in NYC tommarow and i dont' spend much time there.  I was wondering if someone could let me know the address of JPress.  I know this has also been convered places to go but the search hasn't been bringing anything up (it isn't even finding my post on internships when i type the exact name in).  So if someone could point me to that thread or just list places.  I've already got:

Century 21
Syms
Charles Tywhitt
Paul Stuart

I can't think of any other places so if anyone could list some with address i would appreciate it.

thanks
Nik

Edit: i'm looking at these place to apply for a summer job and do some shopping. There are three filenes stores etc. I was wondering which ones are better and i should go to so i don't waste time at ones that aren't that good.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
J Press is on 44th Street, just west of Madison and around the corner from Brooks Brothers (the 346 Madison Avenue location).

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul Stuart is about a block from BB. Stop by Alden along the way and be tempted by the shell cordos. Tyrwhitt is about 5-6 blocks north on Madison from P/S. Century 21 is far downtown.

I've never found anything worthwhile at the UWS Filene's--maybe I just didnt know when to look.

NCT

TimelessRider

Reaction score
Edited for failing to read the original post thoroughly.
confused.gif
There's an Allen Edmonds diagonally across from J Press. Bigger department stores may be looking to hire and always always fun to shop at: Bloomie's : 60th/Lex Saks: 48th/5th Barney's: 60th/Madison Bergdorf's: 58th/5th And don't forget the RL mansion at 72nd/Madison.

demeis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the response. The ones i've listed i already know where they are i was wondering if people could recommend additional places to go.

ord

Reaction score
Seize sur Vingt is a cool place to check out. Â It's in NoLita, a little out of the way from most of the other men's stores. You may also want to take a look at some of the websites devoted to living in NYC. They have plenty of information on stores, boutiques, etc. Â Try NY Metro or MUG.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Paul Stuart is on the SW corner of 45th and Madison. BB is one or two blocks downtown of it, on the same side of the street at #346.
BB is on the NW corner of 44th and Madison. It's pretty much just next door to Paul Stuart.

Duveen

Reaction score
If you do go the Mansion, be sure to stop by Silvano Lattanzi, which is just down the street on Madison. I hadn't been in NYC since my clothing obsession reached new heights thanks to this group and I'd forgotten it was in the area. I walked by and glanced in the window, saw the gorgeous shoes and did a double take and went back to press my nose against the glass. I then looked up and realized it was Lattanzi. Alas, they were closed. But it is well worth a trip just to gawk.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads