• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JP Tilford @ Harry Rosen

ubersurgeon

Reaction score
What's the general opinion on JP Tilford dress shirts at Harry Rosen? If I had too choose between similarly priced shirts from Tilford and Hugo Boss, what should I choose?

Did a quick search in the forums and found little on the subject...

yellman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ubersurgeon
What's the general opinion on JP Tilford dress shirts at Harry Rosen? If I had too choose between similarly priced shirts from Tilford and Hugo Boss, what should I choose?

Did a quick search in the forums and found little on the subject...

tilford is better quality construction, however, the boss made in switzerland typically has better cloth, it depends.

Ed13

Reaction score
Tilford are much better quality than Boss. A good quality shirt for the price. The Harry Rosen outlet usually has a large selection at a good discount.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J. P. Tilford is one of Harry Rosen's house brands of shirts. The shirts are made in Canada to Harry's specs and are of good, but not superb quality. The cotton will be decent-quality 2-ply 100s; the stitching will be quite good, and the patterns are quite nice. They are good value for money, typically selling for about $145 US, but available occasionally on sale for less than that. I have both Tilford and Boss shirts and prefer the Tilfords. In Canada, they sell for about the same price.

LegB4Wicket

Reaction score
Pick the Tilford. Better construction by far than Boss and better choice in sleeve lengths.

Both fabrics are close in comparison, but I prefer the choices Tilford offer. Personal opinion though.

Regards,

LBW

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.