1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

JP Tilford @ Harry Rosen

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ubersurgeon, Aug 7, 2006.

1. ubersurgeon

ubersurgeon New Member

What's the general opinion on JP Tilford dress shirts at Harry Rosen? If I had too choose between similarly priced shirts from Tilford and Hugo Boss, what should I choose?

Did a quick search in the forums and found little on the subject...

2. yellman

yellman Senior member

What's the general opinion on JP Tilford dress shirts at Harry Rosen? If I had too choose between similarly priced shirts from Tilford and Hugo Boss, what should I choose?

Did a quick search in the forums and found little on the subject...

tilford is better quality construction, however, the boss made in switzerland typically has better cloth, it depends.

3. Ed13

Ed13 Senior member

Tilford are much better quality than Boss. A good quality shirt for the price. The Harry Rosen outlet usually has a large selection at a good discount.

4. Roger

Roger Senior member

J. P. Tilford is one of Harry Rosen's house brands of shirts. The shirts are made in Canada to Harry's specs and are of good, but not superb quality. The cotton will be decent-quality 2-ply 100s; the stitching will be quite good, and the patterns are quite nice. They are good value for money, typically selling for about $145 US, but available occasionally on sale for less than that. I have both Tilford and Boss shirts and prefer the Tilfords. In Canada, they sell for about the same price.

5. LegB4Wicket

LegB4Wicket Well-Known Member

Pick the Tilford. Better construction by far than Boss and better choice in sleeve lengths.

Both fabrics are close in comparison, but I prefer the choices Tilford offer. Personal opinion though.

Regards,

LBW