• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JP Myhre Bespoke-Finished Product

the.chikor

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Last Nov. I posted the trial shoe made by JP Myhre. I sent the shoes back for adjustments. Several months ago, I received the finished shoes. Sorry for the delay, for it seems as though I have been derelict in not posting the shoes sooner. The shoes are the finest finished shoes that I own-absolutely beautiful! The pictures do not do them justice. Unfortunately, the fit is a little tight, in fact I do not wear them much b/c the top of my right big toe bleeds at the end of the day. I am just too damned tired of sending shoes back for adjustments and waiting another four months-especially when they don't seem to help like they should-so, I will just live with it. I had a local cobbler use the stretching machine on them, which has helped a little bit. Anyways, at least we can appreciate the aesthetic beauty of the shoe. Sorry for not posting better angled photos-I will try and amend the photographs. It is late and must leave for SF tonight.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love 'em. What a wonderful business shoe.

Sounds like the fit issue is a real problem, however.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful to look at, but, yes, blood is bad.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just have to add, those are very nice looking indeed.

Is it common to have bespoke footwear causing so much abrasion?

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Look, no matter how nice they look, and they do look very nice, you spend mucho dinero for bespoke shoes, in a basic cap toe, so they would fit you perfectly. There is no excuse for the blood. You are too kind to accept them as is.

Regards.

MarcellHUN

Reaction score
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Gentlemen,

Last Nov. I posted the trial shoe made by JP Myhre. I sent the shoes back for adjustments. Several months ago, I received the finished shoes. Sorry for the delay, for it seems as though I have been derelict in not posting the shoes sooner. The shoes are the finest finished shoes that I own-absolutely beautiful! The pictures do not do them justice. Unfortunately, the fit is a little tight, in fact I do not wear them much b/c the top of my right big toe bleeds at the end of the day. I am just too damned tired of sending shoes back for adjustments and waiting another four months-especially when they don't seem to help like they should-so, I will just live with it. I had a local cobbler use the stretching machine on them, which has helped a little bit. Anyways, at least we can appreciate the aesthetic beauty of the shoe. Sorry for not posting better angled photos-I will try and amend the photographs. It is late and must leave for SF tonight.

Even if its a beautiful shoe - I wouldn't suggest to wear if you have troubles with the fit - that can cause serious feet problem. It is not just an " aesthetic beauty" - this can cause that you won't be able to wear regular footwear after.
I am sure that the maker would be glad and he keeps important to fix the problem ASAP because of his reputation. A "local cobbler" shouldn't touch this beauty.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
Just have to add, those are very nice looking indeed.

Is it common to have bespoke footwear causing so much abrasion?

No, not common at all if done right.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hadamulletonce
Waiting 4 months each time sounds like a real pain.

Yes, indeed, it is a real pain. Even more of a pain is the fact that the maker told me before sending these shoes out to me that he would now have to charge me extra for any modifications or adjustments that would be needed, otherwise would compromise his business profits. Hence, waiting four months, paying for shipping, and paying additionally to have the alterations done-no way am I doing this. I offered to meet JP Myhre in NY for the trial shoe, but he said it would not be necessary as my feet would be an easy fit. At this point in time, I think that his estimate was wrong-we should have met to do the fitting in person.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shikar
Look, no matter how nice they look, and they do look very nice, you spend mucho dinero for bespoke shoes, in a basic cap toe, so they would fit you perfectly. There is no excuse for the blood. You are too kind to accept them as is.

Regards.

Yes, I absolutely agree.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, indeed, it is a real pain. Even more of a pain is the fact that the maker told me before sending these shoes out to me that he would now have to charge me extra for any modifications or adjustments that would be needed, otherwise would compromise his business profits.

In my simple mind the risk to his business profits and reputation might come more from a dissatisfied customer with a bloody, possibly damaged, toe who posts about his experience on a forum like this.

So I'm in the camp that says see if you can reason a bit more with him (considering as you say, he suggested against the trial shoe fitting). While there is no guarantee you'd order from him again even if this gets resolved to your satisfaction, how likely are you to, if it doesn't?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me just add that I do hope it works out for you, because they are otherwise very very nice.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
gee, that sucks. i think mr. myrhe, who is a very nice gentleman based on my personal correspondents with him before, shouldn't have dismissed your offer, and for that it is only right that adjustments be made sans payment.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... I offered to meet JP Myhre in NY for the trial shoe, but he said it would not be necessary as my feet would be an easy fit. ...
I think you should not swallow his misjudgement.

the.chikor

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

Here are a couple more pictures. The leather used was the best that I have seen yet. The finish and details were perfect. Hopefully these pictures are a little better and help illustrate the beauty of the shoe.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads