• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

  • Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

    We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

    The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

    Fok and the Styleforum Team.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JP Myhre Bespoke-Finished Product

the.chikor

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
787
Reaction score
5
Gentlemen,

Last Nov. I posted the trial shoe made by JP Myhre. I sent the shoes back for adjustments. Several months ago, I received the finished shoes. Sorry for the delay, for it seems as though I have been derelict in not posting the shoes sooner. The shoes are the finest finished shoes that I own-absolutely beautiful! The pictures do not do them justice. Unfortunately, the fit is a little tight, in fact I do not wear them much b/c the top of my right big toe bleeds at the end of the day. I am just too damned tired of sending shoes back for adjustments and waiting another four months-especially when they don't seem to help like they should-so, I will just live with it. I had a local cobbler use the stretching machine on them, which has helped a little bit. Anyways, at least we can appreciate the aesthetic beauty of the shoe. Sorry for not posting better angled photos-I will try and amend the photographs. It is late and must leave for SF tonight.
 

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2004
Messages
9,464
Reaction score
18
Love 'em. What a wonderful business shoe.

Sounds like the fit issue is a real problem, however.
 

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
6,473
Reaction score
82
Beautiful to look at, but, yes, blood is bad.
 

Chips

Distinguished Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
1,531
Reaction score
11
Just have to add, those are very nice looking indeed.

Is it common to have bespoke footwear causing so much abrasion?
 

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2007
Messages
3,066
Reaction score
35
Look, no matter how nice they look, and they do look very nice, you spend mucho dinero for bespoke shoes, in a basic cap toe, so they would fit you perfectly. There is no excuse for the blood. You are too kind to accept them as is.

Regards.
 

MarcellHUN

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2007
Messages
583
Reaction score
1
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Gentlemen,

Last Nov. I posted the trial shoe made by JP Myhre. I sent the shoes back for adjustments. Several months ago, I received the finished shoes. Sorry for the delay, for it seems as though I have been derelict in not posting the shoes sooner. The shoes are the finest finished shoes that I own-absolutely beautiful! The pictures do not do them justice. Unfortunately, the fit is a little tight, in fact I do not wear them much b/c the top of my right big toe bleeds at the end of the day. I am just too damned tired of sending shoes back for adjustments and waiting another four months-especially when they don't seem to help like they should-so, I will just live with it. I had a local cobbler use the stretching machine on them, which has helped a little bit. Anyways, at least we can appreciate the aesthetic beauty of the shoe. Sorry for not posting better angled photos-I will try and amend the photographs. It is late and must leave for SF tonight.


Even if its a beautiful shoe - I wouldn't suggest to wear if you have troubles with the fit - that can cause serious feet problem. It is not just an " aesthetic beauty" - this can cause that you won't be able to wear regular footwear after.
I am sure that the maker would be glad and he keeps important to fix the problem ASAP because of his reputation. A "local cobbler" shouldn't touch this beauty.
 

the.chikor

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
787
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by Chips
Just have to add, those are very nice looking indeed.

Is it common to have bespoke footwear causing so much abrasion?


No, not common at all if done right.
 

the.chikor

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
787
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by hadamulletonce
Waiting 4 months each time sounds like a real pain.

Yes, indeed, it is a real pain. Even more of a pain is the fact that the maker told me before sending these shoes out to me that he would now have to charge me extra for any modifications or adjustments that would be needed, otherwise would compromise his business profits. Hence, waiting four months, paying for shipping, and paying additionally to have the alterations done-no way am I doing this. I offered to meet JP Myhre in NY for the trial shoe, but he said it would not be necessary as my feet would be an easy fit. At this point in time, I think that his estimate was wrong-we should have met to do the fitting in person.
 

the.chikor

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
787
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by Shikar
Look, no matter how nice they look, and they do look very nice, you spend mucho dinero for bespoke shoes, in a basic cap toe, so they would fit you perfectly. There is no excuse for the blood. You are too kind to accept them as is.

Regards.


Yes, I absolutely agree.
 

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
14
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Yes, indeed, it is a real pain. Even more of a pain is the fact that the maker told me before sending these shoes out to me that he would now have to charge me extra for any modifications or adjustments that would be needed, otherwise would compromise his business profits.

In my simple mind the risk to his business profits and reputation might come more from a dissatisfied customer with a bloody, possibly damaged, toe who posts about his experience on a forum like this.

So I'm in the camp that says see if you can reason a bit more with him (considering as you say, he suggested against the trial shoe fitting). While there is no guarantee you'd order from him again even if this gets resolved to your satisfaction, how likely are you to, if it doesn't?
 

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2008
Messages
2,287
Reaction score
14
Let me just add that I do hope it works out for you, because they are otherwise very very nice.
 

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Joined
Mar 13, 2006
Messages
21,169
Reaction score
1,750
gee, that sucks. i think mr. myrhe, who is a very nice gentleman based on my personal correspondents with him before, shouldn't have dismissed your offer, and for that it is only right that adjustments be made sans payment.
 

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
1,163
Reaction score
3
Originally Posted by the.chikor
... I offered to meet JP Myhre in NY for the trial shoe, but he said it would not be necessary as my feet would be an easy fit. ...
I think you should not swallow his misjudgement.
 

the.chikor

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
787
Reaction score
5
Originally Posted by the.chikor
Gentlemen,

Last Nov. I posted the trial shoe made by JP Myhre. I sent the shoes back for adjustments. Several months ago, I received the finished shoes. Sorry for the delay, for it seems as though I have been derelict in not posting the shoes sooner. The shoes are the finest finished shoes that I own-absolutely beautiful! The pictures do not do them justice. Unfortunately, the fit is a little tight, in fact I do not wear them much b/c the top of my right big toe bleeds at the end of the day. I am just too damned tired of sending shoes back for adjustments and waiting another four months-especially when they don't seem to help like they should-so, I will just live with it. I had a local cobbler use the stretching machine on them, which has helped a little bit. Anyways, at least we can appreciate the aesthetic beauty of the shoe. Sorry for not posting better angled photos-I will try and amend the photographs. It is late and must leave for SF tonight.


Here are a couple more pictures. The leather used was the best that I have seen yet. The finish and details were perfect. Hopefully these pictures are a little better and help illustrate the beauty of the shoe.
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

  • 1 - 4

    Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

    Votes: 129 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

    Votes: 236 31.9%
  • 21 - 30

    Votes: 117 15.8%
  • 31 - 40

    Votes: 67 9.1%
  • 41 - 50

    Votes: 46 6.2%
  • 51 - 60

    Votes: 23 3.1%
  • 61 - 70

    Votes: 21 2.8%
  • 71 - 80

    Votes: 15 2.0%
  • 81 - 90

    Votes: 6 0.8%
  • 91 - 100

    Votes: 7 0.9%
  • 100+

    Votes: 47 6.4%

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
428,563
Messages
9,220,635
Members
193,560
Latest member
cahayadianmei
Top