1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

JP Marcellino: Honen 450 briefcase

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Hampton, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Just got mine Honen 450 from JP Marcellino. I must say it's already one of my favorite bags! Amazing leather and work on it.
    After 50 pms with JPM this is what I got. He will pretty much do whatever you ask for, perfect service. And the prices well... he sould take more if you ask me.

http://jpmarcellino.com/m/index.php/modern-business-bags/honen-modern-business-bag/honen-450.html

Honen 450 in London Tan slow vegetable tanned bridle leather, full grain drum dyed deep color and semi thick leather but light weight at around 4 pounds. Tight flat hand stitched handle with permanent solid brass screws keeping the bag secured in your hand. Heat sealed, wood and hand polished edges. Hand saddle stitched seams, swiss made Amiet key lock. Smooth hand conditioned natural interior, adjustable strap with shoulder pad and solid brass trim. He also gives you lifetime warranty.

You can also contact him here on: http://www.styleforum.net/u/169031/jp-marcellino

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers!

/ H

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  2. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

3. Goliath27

Goliath27 Member

Beautiful work, and I hope you enjoy it. I'm looking to buy something soon (Next couple of weeks actually). I don't want to have a custom bag made until I'm sure of what I want in or on it.

But that looks like the way to go when I do decide to get it.

4. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Throw a pm to JP when the time is right.

5. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

Nice stuff Hampton!
    Do you have pictures of the inside?
    I already have a Henry Tomkins briefcase Light, which is of similar size and design, but when seeing this I'm starting to feel that it wouldn't hurt to own another briedcase:D

6. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

Sure thing, I just did it plain so I can grab my stuff fast and easy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

Thank's for the pics Hampton.

8. Hampton

Hampton Senior member

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

10. JP Marcellino

JP Marcellino Senior member

no, i don't remember why, i think because I couldn't find any good grain bridle leather

11. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

I think other manufacturers grain the leather themselves by rolling a skateboard over the leather. :)

12. JP Marcellino

JP Marcellino Senior member

you are kidding right? ive never been that interested in grain or milled leather so i haven't thought much on it but it would seem to me that a rolling process is part of it or maybe tumbling in a dryer.

13. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

serious :)