• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joss Whedon is directing The Avengers

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This may be old news to some, but it's news to me. I'm not a comic fan and don't really follow this stuff closely, but I do enjoy some of these movies. So when I found this out just now, here's how my thoughts formed:

Thought Number One: God, NOO!!

Thought Number Two: Well, I'll save myself some bucks by not going to it. I'll probably just catch half of it on TV some day.

Thought Number Three: Wait a minute, why the **** is Joss Whedon at all interested in directing The Avengers? There's no tiny, smarmy, unrealistically-powerful young girl in it. What gives here???

Thoughts, anybody?

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This movie is going to suck.

AntiHero84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joss Whedon did an awesome job with The Astonishing X-Men, possibly some of the best post-Claremont X-Men stories of all time. As a person who does read comics, this could be good news.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AntiHero84
Joss Whedon did an awesome job with The Astonishing X-Men, possibly some of the best post-Claremont X-Men stories of all time. As a person who does read comics, this could be good news.

Good for people who read comic books, movies are generally supposed to be made for a wider audience.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They've been wanting either him or Jon Favreau to direct the Avengers movie for awhile. BTW, Ed Norton will not be returning to reprise his Bruce Banner role.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brothersport
^new campaign for Donald Glover fans!

You didn't get enough of Donald Glover in the Leathal Weapon series?

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
You didn't get enough of Donald Glover in the Leathal Weapon series?
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but that's Danny Glover.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willy cheesesteak
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but that's Danny Glover.

You're thinking of Steve James from American Ninja.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Even if Whedon is directing, Marvel is still doing this movie and so far Marvel has done a good job on all the movies they have been in charge of. So no worries at the moment. That is why I wish Marvel would take the rights back of the SpiderMan franchise from Sony.

Sucks that Norton can reprise his role though, I hate it when they keep changing actors. This will the 3rd Bruce Banner in a decade?

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That too, although the X-Men First Class movie is looking good as far as casting goes. Actually, the first 2 X-Men movies weren't as bad as say DareDevil or Elektra. They were entertaining for the most part, even the 3rd one wasn't too horrible.

Mr Herbert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DC have done a much better job with its franchises of late

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Directed by Joss Whedon. With Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson

Dammit, I thought it was the 60s TV Series.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads