• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Josip Broz TITO - the best dressed politician ever

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Whether you've heard about this guy or not - he was (is) probably the best dressed politician ever. This communist dictator used to wear Brioni bespoke suits, and was known for never wearing the same suit twice. See the pics and judge for yourselves.

A chosen collection of his suits can be seen in the "House of flowers" (a mausoleum where Tito is buried) in Belgrade, Serbia.

JosipBrozTito.png

castroitito_jpg_jpg.jpg

x82137960936645673.jpg

tito_-_nikolae__au_eski__generalni_sekretar_kp_rumunjske__beograd__8._septembra_1976._811.jpg

josip-broz-tito-tompus-498.jpg

josip-broz-tito-1-498.jpg

FidelCastrowithJosipBrozTito_jpg1.jpg

tito.jpg

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/505...1E70F2B3269972

tito_-_govor_02_111.jpg

tito_-_fotografija_138.jpg

tito_-_churchill_03_129.jpg

tito_-_fidel_castro__prvi_sekretar_ck_kp_kube_i_predsjednik_revolucionarne_vlade__brijuni__6._marta_1976._412.jpg

tito_-_kim_il_sung__predsjednik_dnr_koreje__pjongjang__24._augusta_1977._816.jpg

tito_-_pred_strojem_jna_405.jpg

tito_-_kardelj_02_319.jpg

tito_-_u_samoboru_575.jpg

tito_-_naser_119.jpg

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I greatly prefer Blagojevich's style.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
I greatly prefer Blagojevich's hairstyle.

There, fixed it for you.

saiyar1

Reaction score
Without discussing communism any further, I do find it odd that a communist leader would get BESPOKE Brioni suits and never wear them more than once. Seems a bit contradictory, especially given he's not wearing a difficult to identify military outfit like Fidel, but rather a luxury item that doesn't really scream "For the people" and is known to cost into double digit thousands. Nice.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
Without discussing communism any further, I do find it odd that a communist leader would get BESPOKE Brioni suits and never wear them more than once. Seems a bit contradictory, especially given he's not wearing a difficult to identify military outfit like Fidel, but rather a luxury item that doesn't really scream "For the people" and is known to cost into double digit thousands. Nice.

Communist party officials across the world have never been known for being keeping their personal and political ideologies consistent.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
I greatly prefer Blagojevich's style.

Comparing a Serb (Blago), to a Croat (Tito), is like comparing
apples and oranges.

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
apples and oranges.

I guess this Serb has more style than the other one.

voinovichjpg-bd5b072d71d0a4cf_large.jpg

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
There are stories of Tito's secret police members flying in the middle of the night to Germany, to a factory (not sure which one) where Tito used to get his white gloves from, for an express replacement of a pair of gloves that Tito found to be "not white enough" just hours before.
U1837200.jpg
Beside his fancy suits, cohibas, his top class sunglasses and watches, diamond rings etc., Tito was known to be a great fan of cars (especially Mercedes Benz, Cadillac and Rolce Royce). According to some info, Tito owned more than 1000 cars during his life!!!! I can't recall of a king, a prince, a sheik, or any modern time ruler that can match these figures.
artwork_1637.jpg
ks25_-_tito_u_titovoj.jpg

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
apples and oranges.

Politically, yes. Ethnically, I think it's more along the lines of Satsumas and Clementines.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AmusedToD
Beside his fancy suits, cohibas, his top class sunglasses and watches, diamond rings etc., Tito was known to be a great fan of cars (especially Mercedes Benz, Cadillac and Rolce Royce). According to some info, Tito owned more than 1000 cars during his life!!!! I can't recall of a king, a prince, a sheik, or any modern time ruler that can match these figures.

The Sultan of Brunei has a few cars himself

Sebastian Melmoth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Politically, yes. Ethnically, I think it's more along the lines of Satsumas and Clementines.

This joke alone could cause the loss of thousands of lives in the Balkans.
Please try to be more careful.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of these things is not like the other. And even the Italian acknowledges that Medvedev is the best dressed.
G8+L+Aquila+Summit+Concludes+OiJa-YE9jDrl.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads