• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Josip Broz TITO - the best dressed politician ever

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Whether you've heard about this guy or not - he was (is) probably the best dressed politician ever. This communist dictator used to wear Brioni bespoke suits, and was known for never wearing the same suit twice. See the pics and judge for yourselves.

A chosen collection of his suits can be seen in the "House of flowers" (a mausoleum where Tito is buried) in Belgrade, Serbia.

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/505...1E70F2B3269972

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I greatly prefer Blagojevich's style.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
I greatly prefer Blagojevich's hairstyle.

There, fixed it for you.

saiyar1

Reaction score
Without discussing communism any further, I do find it odd that a communist leader would get BESPOKE Brioni suits and never wear them more than once. Seems a bit contradictory, especially given he's not wearing a difficult to identify military outfit like Fidel, but rather a luxury item that doesn't really scream "For the people" and is known to cost into double digit thousands. Nice.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
Without discussing communism any further, I do find it odd that a communist leader would get BESPOKE Brioni suits and never wear them more than once. Seems a bit contradictory, especially given he's not wearing a difficult to identify military outfit like Fidel, but rather a luxury item that doesn't really scream "For the people" and is known to cost into double digit thousands. Nice.

Communist party officials across the world have never been known for being keeping their personal and political ideologies consistent.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Louche
I greatly prefer Blagojevich's style.

Comparing a Serb (Blago), to a Croat (Tito), is like comparing
apples and oranges.

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
apples and oranges.

I guess this Serb has more style than the other one.

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by saiyar1
There are stories of Tito's secret police members flying in the middle of the night to Germany, to a factory (not sure which one) where Tito used to get his white gloves from, for an express replacement of a pair of gloves that Tito found to be "not white enough" just hours before.
Beside his fancy suits, cohibas, his top class sunglasses and watches, diamond rings etc., Tito was known to be a great fan of cars (especially Mercedes Benz, Cadillac and Rolce Royce). According to some info, Tito owned more than 1000 cars during his life!!!! I can't recall of a king, a prince, a sheik, or any modern time ruler that can match these figures.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
apples and oranges.

Politically, yes. Ethnically, I think it's more along the lines of Satsumas and Clementines.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AmusedToD
Beside his fancy suits, cohibas, his top class sunglasses and watches, diamond rings etc., Tito was known to be a great fan of cars (especially Mercedes Benz, Cadillac and Rolce Royce). According to some info, Tito owned more than 1000 cars during his life!!!! I can't recall of a king, a prince, a sheik, or any modern time ruler that can match these figures.

The Sultan of Brunei has a few cars himself

Sebastian Melmoth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tyrone MacStiophain
Politically, yes. Ethnically, I think it's more along the lines of Satsumas and Clementines.

This joke alone could cause the loss of thousands of lives in the Balkans.
Please try to be more careful.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of these things is not like the other. And even the Italian acknowledges that Medvedev is the best dressed.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.