• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos. bank suits

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in a Jos Bank store in W. Palm Beach last week as I was bored and at a mall waiting for my wife. A lot of their stuff is just average, ill-fitting boxy stuff, but they had some really nice high-end suits, branded Jos. Bank,  super 150s, that they are introducing in some very select stores. They retail for about $1,500, which is probably abnout $750 more than they should cost, but they were very nice suits.

Some were made in Italy and others in the states. I figured the Italian suits might be made by Corneliani or Zegna or someone like that, but was wondering who in the states could make high-end Super 150s suits?  The salesman didn't know who made them for Jos Bank.

I know Oxxford obviously is high end, but who else in the states could be trusted to turn out high-qualiity Super 150 suits?

shoefan

Reaction score
Certainly Hickey Freeman and Martin Greenfield would qualify (the latter makes suits under the Makers label for Brooks Brothers, for NM's Marcus line of tailored clothing, and private label suits for many others, along with custom suits). Also, perhaps Southwick/Greico, Linnett Ltd., and Norman Hilton would qualify. There are certainly a number of other US tailoring companies that could do this as well.

musiczone

Reaction score
i was told by the store manager that those suits were made by Hart Shaffner Marx.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads