• Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Threads of Apollo, a sustainable leather goods company based out of Vancouver, BC, Canada, making premium, made-to-order, water-repellent leather jackets and gloves. .Please help me give them a warm welcome in their new thread.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jos. bank suits

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was in a Jos Bank store in W. Palm Beach last week as I was bored and at a mall waiting for my wife. A lot of their stuff is just average, ill-fitting boxy stuff, but they had some really nice high-end suits, branded Jos. Bank,  super 150s, that they are introducing in some very select stores. They retail for about $1,500, which is probably abnout $750 more than they should cost, but they were very nice suits.

Some were made in Italy and others in the states. I figured the Italian suits might be made by Corneliani or Zegna or someone like that, but was wondering who in the states could make high-end Super 150s suits?  The salesman didn't know who made them for Jos Bank.

I know Oxxford obviously is high end, but who else in the states could be trusted to turn out high-qualiity Super 150 suits?

shoefan

Reaction score
Certainly Hickey Freeman and Martin Greenfield would qualify (the latter makes suits under the Makers label for Brooks Brothers, for NM's Marcus line of tailored clothing, and private label suits for many others, along with custom suits). Also, perhaps Southwick/Greico, Linnett Ltd., and Norman Hilton would qualify. There are certainly a number of other US tailoring companies that could do this as well.

musiczone

Reaction score
i was told by the store manager that those suits were made by Hart Shaffner Marx.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Styleforum x S.E.H Kelly Balmacaan: Choose the Fabric

• standard 5 — light and dark brown

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • standard 7 — dark brown and charcoal

Votes: 17 13.7%
  • wide 1 — charcoal and blue-grey

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • wide 3 — barley and brown

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • wide 5 — charcoal and dark navy