• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos A Banks wool trousers?

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
I need to pick up some reasonably priced trousers for everyday business casual wear.

What are a reasonable price to pay at Jos A Banks? I wandered in the other day and they were advertising a 2nd pair for $69 with the full priced pairs being either $145 or $195.

I understand that JAB is on continuous sale...but what's a good price to wait for these to be marketed at?

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
under $20

Seriously now....they can not be that bad!

eh.gif

StopPolloition

Reaction score
They aren't that bad, but they also aren't great. You could hold on for some better deals on buying and selling forum or from StyleForum's affiliate advertisers. :p

Originally Posted by Buddy0329
Seriously now....they can not be that bad!

eh.gif

NaturalShoulder

Reaction score
I do not remember that sale price, but I did pick up two pair of their Signature Gold trousers which I think are good quality.

The Transporter

Reaction score
I bought several pairs last summer after I'd gone on a bulk at the gym and heavy squats made my legs too big for my regular pants. Held out for a sale where they were only about $60 per pair and they weren't too bad at that price. Got a couple pairs of Cool Weave or whatever they call it and those were decent along with a couple pairs of regular textured wool.

DO NOT pay full price. They have sales ALL the time so hold out for the $60-$70 price per pair. And if you order and they go on sale by the time you receive the order, call them and they'll match the sale price.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Don't pay even 60 for a pair of jos a bank pants on any given day. Especially in these recessive days, they should have much better sales than that, everyone else is, what makes them so special that they will not? I'll understand if they were some exclusive premium brand but they aren't, more like the opposite. If you have to pay full retail (150 as you say) on one pair to be ripped off at 60 for the second pair, that's just criminal.

bowtielover

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is a decent sale if your looking for more then one trouser otherwise it's not that good of a sale.

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
Originally Posted by The Transporter
hold out for the $60-$70 price per pair.

Thank you...this is what I was looking for. I know they have weekly 'sales', I just wanted to make sure I hit the right "sale' price on their trousers.

AE_afficionado

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Don't pay even 60 for a pair of jos a bank pants on any given day. Especially in these recessive days, they should have much better sales than that, everyone else is, what makes them so special that they will not? I'll understand if they were some exclusive premium brand but they aren't, more like the opposite. If you have to pay full retail (150 as you say) on one pair to be ripped off at 60 for the second pair, that's just criminal.

What's criminal is your snobbery.

It should have been clear that I had no intents of paying full retail on one pair of their trousers.

I think $60 would be more than fair, given the relative cost of other clothing items.

Mike89LX

Reaction score
Also check ebay, I got some brand new with tags for $25. $20 at the tailor to finish the legs and bring them in a bit and I had a nice pair of 100% wool pants. As an aside, I'm not sure what line or series they were, but they are nice and very comfortable

Loose On The Lead

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Don't pay even 60 for a pair of jos a bank pants on any given day. Especially in these recessive days, they should have much better sales than that, everyone else is, what makes them so special that they will not?
Well, for one thing, they're often available in "long" sizes. You might be surprised at how unusual that is at Brooks Brothers, for example. Second, the clearance prices are 60+ percent off on non-seasonal trousers. That's not too bad. If you actually need the pants (as opposed to not really needing them but buying them only if they're a tremendous steal), then the price is fine.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Incotex sells for 45-85 so why in the hell would you drop 60 for this bullshit? Again, I wouldn't pay over 20 and w/ no alterations needed
smile.gif
Originally Posted by Buddy0329
What's criminal is your snobbery. It should have been clear that I had no intents of paying full retail on one pair of their trousers. I think $60 would be more than fair, given the relative cost of other clothing items.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Loose On The Lead
Well, for one thing, they're often available in "long" sizes. You might be surprised at how unusual that is at Brooks Brothers, for example. Second, the clearance prices are 60+ percent off on non-seasonal trousers. That's not too bad. If you actually need the pants (as opposed to not really needing them but buying them only if they're a tremendous steal), then the price is fine.

i thought most of these trousers were unhemmed anyways here at Jab or at BB so the length is moot, no? didnt take that into consideration

Originally Posted by rioni
Incotex sells for 45-85 so why in the hell would you drop 60 for this bullshit? Again, I wouldn't pay over 20 and w/ no alterations needed
smile.gif

+1 hehehe

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics