• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos A Banks sale

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Buy one, get two free. Just purchased 36 pant hangers at $2.80 each. Seems pretty reasonable. Also shoe trees at $8.33 each. Ends today.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you need 36 pants hangers :happy: Was JAB running a "Buy 1, get 35 pants free" sale last week?

aperson

Reaction score
They're constantly having sales like these.

I don't recommend their shoe trees. They're dirt cheap, and it shows. The part that goes in the toe is fixed size, so it's either going to be stretching your shoes or won't be wide enough to support them.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're constantly having sales like these.

I don't recommend their shoe trees. They're dirt cheap, and it shows. The part that goes in the toe is fixed size, so it's either going to be stretching your shoes or won't be wide enough to support them.

Stay away from woodlore or Allen Edmonds trees then, because they are all the same...

pnutpug

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience, some JAB trees are split toe, some are not.

PTWilliams

Reaction score

How do you need 36 pants hangers :happy: Was JAB running a "Buy 1, get 35 pants free" sale last week?

No, but I decided to move my pants from being folder over the bar on a regular hanger to being suspended from the clamp on a pant hanger. Do you guys favor pant hangers? Should I not use the pant hanger on cords? They seemed inexpensive enough to make the change.

aperson

Reaction score
Stay away from woodlore or Allen Edmonds trees then, because they are all the same...

Er, no? I know AE sells both combination and full toe versions that match their lasts. The full toe versions are OK if you're buying one that matches your last / size, but you're not going to get that from JAB.

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Er, no? I know AE sells both combination and full toe versions that match their lasts. The full toe versions are OK if you're buying one that matches your last / size, but you're not going to get that from JAB.

Ok, you win. (Half the page down, check each).

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/...-fit-of-Shoe-Trees-(lasted-own-brand-generic)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/295714/jos-a-bank-cedar-shoe-trees-on-sale

http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/2287445-Allen-Edmonds-Cedar-Shoe-Trees-2-for-30

Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

No, but I decided to move my pants from being folder over the bar on a regular hanger to being suspended from the clamp on a pant hanger. Do you guys favor pant hangers? Should I not use the pant hanger on cords? They seemed inexpensive enough to make the change.

I like hangers simply because I always screwed up the crease trying to get them over the bar.

Cords I always just fold and put on a shelf. I only hang my dress stuff. I don't know if there's any logic to that but it works for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads