1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jos A Bank vs. Brooks Brothers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by rainwater, Oct 12, 2012.

1. atia2

atia2 Senior member

And it has a function: to indicate absent text.

2. chippneckwear

chippneckwear Well-Known Member

The clothing landscape has changed markedly with the internet and "dress down" in the work place. Much business is no longer transacted face to face. To that end many individuals need less suits in their closets and because of infrequency of wear they last longer if one maintains ones size. If clothing is not important to an individual buying less costly clothing may fill ones need. Most of the members of "styleforum" do care. Think about this: Banks is a publicly owned entity.They pay rent in some high rent locations like Madison Avenue. They pay for advertising on TV, Radio, and in newspapers. They pay salesmen commissions. They pay office staff. I do not have access to their books, but my guess is that everything they sell is reduced more than 50%- buy 1 get 3 for free. It should say something to you. In spite of the aforementioned Banks can still be the right place for some.
    Paul Winston
    Winston Tailors/ www.chippneckwear.com

3. mebiuspower

mebiuspower Senior member

Here is my first & last attempt at BB MTM, made in USA clothing.
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/520524/crappy-fit-from-bb-mtm-gf-3p-suit