• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos A Bank sale

flashkobalt

Reaction score
Hey guys...just wondering if anyone has tried on the Jos A. Bank "Joseph" suits...for $99 it seems like a steal considering they're marked down from $895 ...I do understand that they won't be of the same standard which some here demand, but bear in mind I'm on a grad student budget...

http://www.josbank.com/IWCatProductP...duct_Id=310918

Oh yes...I'll probably be wearing the suit to the summer racing festival.

PS: Also, what are the quality of the trousers like? ....$35 for work trousers seems like a fair deal...

Erick

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the quality of the "trio" suits is? (you get 2 different pairs of pants with your jacket). They're priced slightly above the signature line (if I add another sale price pant to the signature suits on sale it would be a little less than getting the trio), but maybe they're charging you extra for the work involved in picking out a second pair of pants to go with your jacket

Also, a salesman at one of their stores told me they're going to be stocking more of the signature gold suits in the next couple months.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Re: The Joseph suits

They're pretty nice, especially for $100. I recommend sizing down one size if you get one - I'm usually a 41, but a 40 is a much better fit in the shoulders. The pants are also pretty decent and lined to the knee, but are very baggy if you're slim like me. I'm getting two Joseph model sportcoats, and if they get any more suits in my size I'll probably buy some more as well.

Re: The Trio suits

I have one olive trio suit and it's construction is okay. I would prefer the signature line however, as I think it's a bit more stylish.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The fabrics they have left look a little 70s for me, but for $100, if they fit you and you like the fabric, you could do much, much worse. Their stuff is not bad as it goes (fused, etc).

But keep in mind they never cost the "regular price" of $895. They always have a sale, so that's just a gimmick.

Erick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Re: The Joseph suits
Re: The Trio suits

I have one olive trio suit and it's construction is okay. I would prefer the signature line however, as I think it's a bit more stylish.

The website isn't very good about showing you pictures of this suits (especially if you want a color other than the default one they show, all you get is a partial picture with a little square showing the pant color). Can you explain any more what you don't like about that line? I'm basically looking for a standard work suit, and I'm thinking of going with the trio because I"ll get an extra pair of pants (I can only get x-long pants from them if its paired with a xl suit).

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Erick
The website isn't very good about showing you pictures of this suits (especially if you want a color other than the default one they show, all you get is a partial picture with a little square showing the pant color). Can you explain any more what you don't like about that line? I'm basically looking for a standard work suit, and I'm thinking of going with the trio because I"ll get an extra pair of pants (I can only get x-long pants from them if its paired with a xl suit).
The Trio is a perfectly good suit and there is nothing wrong with it if you can get it at a low price. I just prefer the look of the Signature over it, as it has a more classic look to it.

And yeah, their website does suck - they modeled it off their print catalog which probably still makes up a large portion of their sales. I work as a web developer it irks me each time I visit it.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are a young guy starting out on a budget, you can do a lot worse than Jos A. Bank suits...their style is leaps and bounds beyond Men's Scarehouse.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just got my Joseph model sportcoats today. One of them, the version with the cream colored linen, will unfortunately have to go back - the fabric didn't really drape well and the construction around the shoulders look bad. The plaid one however, looks great and is being kept.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump-

Jos A Bank is having a "Buy one suit get 2 free" sale today and tomorrow.

Not a fan of the quality myself but for somebody needing a starter collection you could indeed do worse.

FYI.

Style Pontifex

Reaction score
Robin, can you describe the fit? Do they remind you of any other suits?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics