1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

JoS. A. Bank - Quality/Contruction/Pricing Answers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mcmillin, May 7, 2009.

1. brokencycle

brokencycle Senior member

They do have a more slim line but those are the Joseph and tailored traveler line. Bother are very limited in range of items.

1 person likes this.
  2. brokencycle

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/sho...&catalogId=10050&contentKey=CUST_SERVICE_INFO

Satisfaction Guarantee

Your satisfaction is the cornerstone of our business. With 105 years of manufacturing expertise, we guarantee our clothing to be of the finest quality. Every item will give you complete satisfaction, or you may return it for a refund.

3. jbernard

jbernard Senior member

I don't know if it is required. They may be able to look it up too.

4. TRIALnERROR

TRIALnERROR Well-Known Member

Kudos to Jos. Banks for having such an excellent policy. Now to put it to the test! I brought two of my worst suits (lumpy shoulders, shredded pants lining, loose stitching in seat) in today for a refund. I was told that I have to come back tomorrow to speak with the manager. Looking forward to posting a hopefully positive experience!

5. jbernard

jbernard Senior member

Hope it goes well for you. The only thing they have going for them in my opinion is tux rentals (although i think everyone should buy them) and their satisfaction guarantee.

6. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Seriously?? You've been wearing these suits for the past year and are going to try and return them for a refund?? I could understand if you wanted replacements because you thought they should have worn better and lasted longer, but asking for a cash refund seems disturbingly opportunistic. How about you just own up to your mistake purchase and move on to buy something better?

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I now see the type of person you are, and this cash refund idea is consistent with the character you display. Carry on with your refund scheme and forget I said anything.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
  8. TRIALnERROR

TRIALnERROR Well-Known Member

Quote: And I now see what kind of person you are... Trolling threads to inject senseless cynical comments based on speculation and conjecture.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  9. Srben

Srben Well-Known Member

I have found, through thrifting them, that the JoS. A. Bank sportcoats fit my build the best. I get shoulders divots in practically everything else I try on, and I've tried on other, more expensive brands at Saks and Neiman. I've done a lot of reading here about sleeve head/arm hole ratios, etc. causing the problem, but honestly, I think it's because of my weight training, shoulders, traps. For whatever reason, they fit me perfectly, and they have a money-back guarantee, so I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a few suits, a blazer, and a sport coat and find out about the quality for myself. I don't know if the o.p. is still around, but I appreciate the thread.

10. workforsafety

workforsafety New Member

i saw in august that you intended to take some suits back to Jos A Banks. Just wondering how that worked for you. I bought several pairs of slacks and shirts on a sale in october of '12. I work from home so i rarely wear dress clothes. nonetheless, after only 3 or 4 wearings, one of the pairs of slacks began to rip along the inseam, and no, it isnt because they are too small or tight! i have also found that the shirts are almost impossible to iron. I didnt want to pay $100 bucks each for the traveler line so i opted for the executive collection. i was told they werent perm press and didnt think much of it. i own many cotton shirts that i iron. these however do not respond well to an iron at all.

most irritating about the situation is their lack of response. i sent them a detailed email about my experience. they were so concerned they never responded. granted, it has only been two months since i sent it and they may just be so tied up with their constant sales that there has been no time to respond.....

11. DHoover

DHoover New Member

Mcmillin. I just started checking this forum out and see that this was dated back in 2009. I hope you can still respond. I have some questions that I hope all who read this start asking. Talking about your ties, your wording reminds me a like any Jos A Bank person I've ever delt with... a salesman bullshitter. When you say Italian silk, what are you saying? Do you know what you are saying, or is this what you've been told to say? I can throw the word Italian in front if toilet paper and all of a sudden it sounds nicer. Also, self tipped sounds fancy, too. But what does that really mean? Your wording is inviting, but its still deceiving. Every tie that I have bought from Jos A Bank has frayed no matter the how expensive. And would you please elaberate on your crazy sales? What kind of mark up do y'all have on one item to be able to giv 10 other items away, plus some chickens, and maybe some cows? If you're reading this and its not raising your eyebrows, then you are too irresponsible to be having money in your posession. Shopping at Jos A Bank is very irresponsible spending.

12. XFactor

XFactor Senior member

Major sales on suits. Are the worth buying?

98 $ Seersucker - Center Vent

150 $ Wool Suit ( I got an M&S Pure Wool for similar price at 100 GBP)

13. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

If you like the cut, they're not terrible for that price. The big problem is that they tend to be really boxy through the shoulders, which can't really be fixed by tailoring.

14. brokencycle

The executive line suits are much lower quality than the signature line (not that the signature line is very good), but if you want a beater suit and it fits okay, $99 is a good price.

15. XFactor

XFactor Senior member

Hmm.. I guess they are not really recommended unless.. :)

PS: You are saying 99 good for the Seersukcer or Wool?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  16. brokencycle

I don't think the wool is good unless you really need a suit quick. The signatures will go down to $199 or so.

I also don't like JAB's seersucker because the shoulders are too structured for a cotton/seersucker suit.

17. XFactor

XFactor Senior member

18. brokencycle

It all depends on what you want. The signature golds drop down to $300 all the time. If you're unfamiliar, JAB always has a sale -- they just rotate what is on sale.

Do you need a suit now? What do you need/want it for?

19. DC Beau

DC Beau New Member

This thread makes me appreciate how biased I've been against JAB simply because of the terrible commercials. They seem low-budget, which makes me think the clothes are poorly made. Illogical, I know.

That said, one of my favorite dress shirts is a JAB that I bought in a pinch when I was out of town for a conference and needed a new one. One of your stores was connected to the hotel lobby--New Orleans, I think--, so I bought a Traveler shirt there. It's fitted, fits me perfectly, and looks great to this day although I bought it a couple of years ago.

Here in DC, the JAB on 12th has a nice selection, although I wish some of the styles were more adventuresome like Brooks Brothers just down the street in Georgetown. I'm thankful the prices at JAB are more reasonable than BB, though.

Thanks for this thread. I've been disabused.

20. archetypal_yuppie

archetypal_yuppie Senior member

Wait for the buy 1 sock get 7 free suits sale.