• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jos A Bank does something amazing

bjornb17

Reaction score
Buy one get SIX free! Only at JOOSEPH AAAA BAAAAAAAANK!

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can one up that: I actually saw a commercial a week or two ago that said if you bought a suit, you could have $1000 - yes, "onnnnne thousszzannnnnd dollars!" - of merchandise, "absolutely free!"

"Only at JOOSEPH AAAA BAAAAAAAANK!"

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Buy one get SIX free! Only at JOOSEPH AAAA BAAAAAAAANK!

Reread..it's not get 6 sport coats free, it's get 2 slacks/sweaters and shirts free when you buy a leather jacket or sportcoat!

bjornb17

Reaction score
I know, but their e-mail they sent me (yes I'm on the e-mail list) says "Buy One Get Six Free!!**"

Note the **

dimwit

Reaction score
I get the impression that they're getting more desperate by the hour.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the f*ck are you dickheads cheering about this?

Would it please you to no end that another company folds?

99% of the population are perfectly happy with JAB.

Not everybody is a big-timer wannabe who browses the B&S for 90% deals because he can't actually afford retail price
sarcasm.gif

bjornb17

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106

Not everybody is a big-timer wannabe who browses the B&S for 90% deals because he can't actually afford retail price
sarcasm.gif

I shop at JAB on occasion, so I'm not hoping that something bad happens to them. Good place to buy ties and AE shoes on discount, in my opinion. I'd like their shirts if they didn't fit like parasails (even Tailored Fit).

But their commercials and promotions are amusing. These types of promotions are nothing new for them. The continually post profits so I don't think they are in any kind of trouble.

Kenneth Cole Haan

Reaction score

No, because if a Taco Bell closes, a KFC will take its place.

99% of the population (American at least) believes in Angels interceding in their lives.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not (and I don't think most others are either...

No, but when I see a company say buy-1-get-6-free, I immediately cringe for the customers that bought one yesterday (or the week or month before). I'm suddenly dis-inclined to rush out and buy because I've now been conditioned that they'll continue to raise the stakes. I mean, who's to say next week it won't be buy-1-get-10-free! I certainly don't want to be the sucker who didn't get the deal, which now produces the counter result of me being even tighter-fisted about buying there.

My point was never to celebrate the (presumed) fiscal issues that made them do something this outrageous, but rather that it's so ridiculous that it calls into question the value of any purchase from them.

The real sad fact is that it tends to reinforce the "it must all be junk" perspective, even if it isn't true. And that ends up rooting into a long term perspective that no short term sale will correct.

(ps I still have my first wool/cashmere overcoat that I got on deep discount at JAB waaayyyyy back in the day. It's no sartorial masterpiece, but it has served me well and I haven't had the need to replace it or upgrade in all these years - which says something in and of itself)

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
I'm glad that we have this thread so I can keep up to date with JAB news.

- B

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I'm glad that we have this thread so I can keep up to date with JAB news.

- B

We all know you're holding out for the right deal on some Panta-***-JAB
laugh.gif

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sarcasm.gif

lol8[1].gif

Somebody skipped his anger management class.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sarcasm.gif

Originally Posted by bjornb17
I shop at JAB on occasion, so I'm not hoping that something bad happens to them. Good place to buy ties and AE shoes on discount, in my opinion. I'd like their shirts if they didn't fit like parasails (even Tailored Fit).

But their commercials and promotions are amusing. These types of promotions are nothing new for them. The continually post profits so I don't think they are in any kind of trouble.

+2 If everyone on the street wore JAB, the world would be a FAR more pleasing place to gaze upon.

The Gooch

Reaction score
I seriously want to put two in my radio every time I hear those commercials.

Bandit44

Reaction score
Someone recently remarked that JAB will probably start selling their clothes by the pound before too long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads