• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JoS. A. Bank Cedar Shoe trees on sale

Janedoe Doe

Reaction score
Still $25.00. I only purchased 4 of these last time and I wish that I had purchased 15. They made great xmas gifts but I could see them as perfect father's day gifts, birthday gives et.al.
I have been checking every two or three weeks to see when these go on sale again. They really are a great deal at $7ish bucks!
If you think that you will only need a few buy what you need plus one more as your new shoes will be pissed if they don't have a pair to go inside of them

le14

Reaction score
Agreed, waiting for another deal to load up. Always good to have some extras.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am waiting for there sale on all items to purchase more

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is the next 3 1 on everything sale. I could use more shoe trees

JVD521

Reaction score
When is the next 3 1 on everything sale. I could use more shoe trees
Same here. Finally started buying quality shoes, need some trees. They're 40% off today, $15 each. I'm holding out for the 3 for 1 sale.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've hear cedar hangars can splinter with some ease and damage clothes. I saw this years ago in this forum (or maybe it was AAAC). Anyway, anybody know more about this?

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've hear cedar hangars can splinter with some ease and damage clothes.

Right. Unfinished cedar hangers can splinter. Once splintered, the hanger can sort of snag on the lining of the jacket, and cause damage.

It's not something that typically happens, but it can happen. I would guess how likely it is depends on the quality of the cedar, the humidity of the closet, how carefully the hangers are handled, whether the gods choose to smile upon you or choose to punish you, and all sorts of other things.

If unfinished cedar hangers genuinely provided meaningfully more protection against moths than do other types of hangers, maybe it'd be worth the risk. Maybe. But since in reality the added protection is somewhere between negligible and non-existent, it's not worth it to me.

Mostly, I've opted for nice, contoured suit/jacket hangers made of some inexpensive Asian hardwood, which the manufacturer has stained to resemble cherry, because I like how they look - they're nice and smooth and sort of reddish in color. They do a great job of supporting my suits and jackets. And no, the stain does not discolor my clothes. Not at all, in any way, to any degree, so that's just not any sort of argument against them. I mention this, since I remember hearing that claim about stained wooden hangers, once. But it's nothing I've ever seen happen in real life. (I have seen splintered cedar, in real life.)

And if I want cedar in my closet, I can use cedar chips, bricks, blocks, oil, spray, etc. I don't use any of these items, but I could if for some reason I deemed them desirable.

(Frankly, I don't even much like the smell of cedar on my clothes. Perhaps I'm carrying around a little moth DNA.)

PTWilliams

Reaction score
I previously purchased pant hangers for all my pants from JAB 3 for 1 sale. They do take up space in the closet. Picked up extra shoe trees but then felt kind of stupid with more trees than shoes, so bought more shoes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads