Jos A Bank - Buy 1 get TWO free

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Razeus, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Razeus

Razeus Senior member

Just thought I let you know the sale they've got going on.

2. shasta

shasta Senior member

suits are garbage and their pricing games are annoying. (i.e. why make me buy 3 suits, how about 1 for 1/3 the original price.

3. FIHTies

FIHTies Senior member

Just thought I let you know the sale they've got going on.
    JaB on Sale? No WAY!

4. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

suits are garbage and they pricing games are annoying. (i.e. why make me buy 3 suits, how about 1 for 1/3 the original price.

I talked with someone who used to work in their purchasing dept. She said they get blazers from China for $60 and retail them at whatever price they do!

5. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

suits are garbage and their pricing games are annoying. (i.e. why make me buy 3 suits, how about 1 for 1/3 the original price.

Oh, they do have sales where you can get one suit at 70% off with some regularity. At that discount, their Signature Gold suits strike me as pretty decent values--certainly compared to a lot of the Boss, Burberry and whatnot you see being sold out the outlets for appreciably more.

6. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

I talked with someone who used to work in their purchasing dept. She said they get blazers from China for $60 and retail them at whatever price they do!

Wow, they pay that much for their blazers?

7. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

That's what I told her... :)

8. sho'nuff

sho'nuff grrrrrrrr!!

that sounds like a great deal but it is psychological play that small-timer marketing does at mediocre brands.

if these were items from clearance you can pick up buy 1 get 2 free, then yeah that is a psa to talk about.

but these are from original retail prices. basically 67% off of each. but you know what? you end up taking 3 of them not just one.

you see those signs everywhere: buy 1 get 1 50% off.

oh yeah? why is it always cole haan? why is it always bally or johnston and murphy?

i say you go into a store like johnston and murphy and you were duped enough to buy a pair of shoes for only 25% off that is bad enough,
    but if you end up with two at 25% off (basically what the buy 1 get 50% off is) then they are doing [​IMG] as you walk out the door.

it is their way of saying, "hey we got some trash we want to get rid of, but hey, please buy 2 at the crap price you got instead of just one. please"

9. razl

razl Senior member

Shameless plug for a bet-it's-still-cheaper-than-the-sale NWT JosABank executive blue blazer that I got 2 years back in just such a sale but have since determined that at 6'3 I'm better suited to a 3B [​IMG] See link in sig!

10. mkarim

mkarim Senior member

it is their way of saying, "hey we got some trash we want to get rid of, but hey, please buy 2 at the crap price you got instead of just one. please"

[​IMG]

11. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

Oh, they do have sales where you can get one suit at 70% off with some regularity. At that discount, their Signature Gold suits strike me as pretty decent values--certainly compared to a lot of the Boss, Burberry and whatnot you see being sold out the outlets for appreciably more.
    Not to mention better style and construction than similarly-priced suits at Men's Wearhouse. And Jos Bank does not make us suffer through horrible commercials. If I knew a young guy needing to get a wardrobe started I would say it is a hell of a deal.

12. enginerd917

enginerd917 Senior member

While tempting since I do need a suite, I was not impressed/pleased with the fit at all. They seem, like most RTW, to be cut for the overweight crowd imo.

Not sure what line I tried, the Signature Gold might be better than what I experienced.

13. viator

viator Senior member

Not to mention better style and construction than similarly-priced suits at Men's Wearhouse. And Jos Bank does not make us suffer through horrible commercials. If I knew a young guy needing to get a wardrobe started I would say it is a hell of a deal.
    I'll have to switch to your cable provider, because on my TV we get absolutely inundated with the cheesiest, low-budget JAB ads you've ever seen. Seriously, the ads for the local car dealer and personal injury lawyers are better put together.

14. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

JaB on Sale?

No WAY!

It is rumoured but not confirmed that they are going to have a "Buy none, get one free sale".

That should stir up interest!