• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jordache jeans

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a box of Jordache jeans my parents used to sell 20-25 years ago. Has anyone ever heard of this brand. I don't really wear jeans, so I'm not sure if they're even good quality.

Also, could I sell these these for $20 at the swap meet. They're brand new, never worn, and still in the bag. I just want to make sure its even worth the effort of trying to sell them. I'd hate to be at one all day, and not sell any because they're not considered cool or something.

justlurkingthanks

Reaction score
Esquire:

Far away in a land known as "The '70s" there was a garment known as Jordache Jeans. The were worn mostly by the princesses of this land as they did their ritual mating dance at the communal hall known as "The Disco."

The garment was magic, dear Esquire, for it would flatten most posteriors but a select, rare, delectable few were uplifted, nay, elevated, by the Jordache Jeans, and it was good. Indeed. For some the glass slipper, for others the Denim Derriere.

Are they cool? Were they ever "cool?" Well, as an artifact, they are precious. Your talisman will touch many hearts -- I don't know if they'll touch many butts.

Worth selling though. Good luck.

fareau

Reaction score
You haven't heard of Jordache jeans? Oh my goodness, I am starting to feel very old right now.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I remeber when they were the jeans to have in 3rd grade. One girl asked me why I didn't have jordache. My response was "my mother buys my jeans, and I just wear whatever she buys." I thought it was a really stupid question.

VWpete

Reaction score
Hang on to them for a few more months.... Why?
Jordache is reinventing the label in the fall w/ new cuts at very select denim stores like atrium in NYC and fred segal in LA. Limited and expensive. I'm sure there will be a small vintage resurgence for em.... I'd call a good vintage store like What comes around goes around in NYC and sell the whole batch. You could surely get at least 20$ a pair. are the rises super high?
Pete

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree completely with VWpete. The new, limited Jordache lines has been in the pipelines for a while now, which should make your collection of real Vintage Jordache all the more valuable.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just out of curiousity,
lookaround.gif
what sizes do you have there? any mens', or is it all womens'? /andrew

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
brooke shields modeled jordache to much acclaim
no, those were Calvin Klein jeans. Â "Nothing comes between me and my Calvins."
ck.brooke2.jpg

esquire.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had assumed that jordache jeans were a cheesy novelety relic from that era. Along with these jeans, I also found some members only jackets.

The sizes are very strange. Length is 30, but the width is like 12 or 16. I couldn't fit into them. I don't know if these are for children or women. I can't tell.

I've heard about guys that buy women jeans. Why would do this? Is there a difference in design for women vs. men jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads