• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jonathan Abel - Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal - Official Affiliate thread

jonabel

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi everyone, we'd like to officially introduce ourselves to the SF Community. Thank you Fok and the SF team for having us here!

Jonathan Abel is a new brand, founded on the ethos of creating beautiful and functional products that are essential for a gentleman's everyday living.

We started our journey in footwear, striving to create classic shoes made with premium materials and quality craftsmanship. Our leathers are from Tanneries du Puy, Annonay and Weinheimer, no doubt names most of you are familiar with. We chose a small factory in Portugal that has been family-run for three generations to manufacture these shoes, because of their attention to detail, and willingness to indulge our ideas.

Our RTW collection consists of both classic designs, as well as a seasonal limited edition collection, where we reinterpret classics with different materials and finishes (such as patina). While most of our collection is Goodyear welted, we also have several items which are Blake stitched to offer a wider range of options. You can shop the entire collection at www.jonathan-abel.com.

Our Create Your Style program is our made-to-order service where we have over 5 million possible combinations for you to choose from. This capability is unfortunately not available on our website yet (we're working on it!), but you can always check in with us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help.

As a hello to the SF community, we'd like to offer a special discount: just use the code SF15 to get 15% off.

We're including some of shots from our recent photoshoot (some not yet seen, even on social media!), so enjoy! :)

Always at your service,
Jonathan Abel Team

33. Social Media - New Season.JPG
23. Slider - New Season.JPG
19. Social Media - New Season.JPG
40. social media - new season.jpg
2. Slider Shoe Wheel (Current Season).jpg
6. Social media - blue flatlay (current season).jpg
14. Social Media - Current Season.JPG

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jonabel

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have different widths? I wear 8.5eee (US size) or 8H (UK size).

Yes, we do have different widths available through our MTO program. We'll definitely be able to accommodate your size.

Perhaps drop us an email at [email protected] so we can help you through the process.

dynemacron

Reaction score
Welcome to you guys! Looking forward to your future offerings and designs. The patinas are nice.
One thing I would note, is that it would be helpful if you guys offer photos of the sole on the site for the shoes.

Additionally, for the leathers, which of the RTW shoes offer leathers with Weinheimer Leder?

jonabel

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a little shot of our Baltimore sneakers in cognac patina. We didn't just want to make dress shoes, we wanted to be stylish during play as well.

9. Slider - Single Shot.jpg

jonabel

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome to you guys! Looking forward to your future offerings and designs. The patinas are nice.
One thing I would note, is that it would be helpful if you guys offer photos of the sole on the site for the shoes.

Additionally, for the leathers, which of the RTW shoes offer leathers with Weinheimer Leder?

Thanks for the welcome!

Noted on the request for pictures of the sole - will tell our photographer to get crackin' on that. In our earlier post, we did have one with a picture of the sole, if that helps!

Some of the options in black use Weinheimer leder - the others use leathers from other tanneries.

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a little shot of our Baltimore sneakers in cognac patina. We didn't just want to make dress shoes, we wanted to be stylish during play as well.

View attachment 1007297

These are absolute gorgeous and more or less what I've been looking for, so kopped a pair. Didn't make the $500 threshold for free shipping but shipping came to $10, which I found to be most reasonable. The SF15 code was very welcome as well.

Maybe I'm blind, but didn't find a size chart on the product page? I'm a pretty standard size (EU42) though so hope it all turns out well. Excited!

jonabel

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
These are absolute gorgeous and more or less what I've been looking for, so kopped a pair. Didn't make the $500 threshold for free shipping but shipping came to $10, which I found to be most reasonable. The SF15 code was very welcome as well.

Maybe I'm blind, but didn't find a size chart on the product page? I'm a pretty standard size (EU42) though so hope it all turns out well. Excited!

I think I saw your order come through :D Thanks for the support!

We do have a size guide (it's here: https://jonathan-abel.com/pages/size-guide) and you can find it under the "Discover" tab. But thanks for the reminder - we'll include a link to it on every product page.

Will be shipping your shoes out soon.. hope you enjoy them!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads