• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Jon Stewart in Emmy's

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just generally found it amazing that the more famous and in the public eye then were, the worse they were dressed. I found many of the men who won for behind-the-camera duties sported classic looks while some of the actors looked riddiculous.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If someone were going to go for "wild" style, I think they'd have to go all out, the way Jeremy Piven did. Didn't like the get-up as much as when he's Ari Gold, but I thought it was interesting.

jml90

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I look forward to a pictorial review of all the big hitters tommorrow

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is a large collection of photos.

As you can see, the men didn't dress especially well. At least Jeremy Irons mostly succeeded with the vested look. The television show Fashion Police reviewed the attire of various celebrities. The men were bad enough that one of the panelists chose Jeremy Piven as best dressed. Another one said he dressed the worst. Dennis Leary and Danny Bonaduce distinguished themselves in bad ways. Sleeve lengths brought down many of the more conventionally dressed. Mr. Stewart chose an unconventional tie, but it was a nice tie and he looked okay overall. If not for fit problems around the chest, Steve Carrell probably had the best modern look.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I liked Patrick Dempsey, best. Not crazy about the unshaven look, though.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
I liked Patrick Dempsey, best. Not crazy about the unshaven look, though.

Yes - Dempsey and Jeremy Irons had the best classic DJ looks.

I liked Piven's wild outfit as mentioned above.

I also think the one who managed the best "long tie with tux" look was Kiefer Sutherland

But overall, my favorite was Eva

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Yes - Dempsey and Jeremy Irons had the best classic DJ looks.

I liked Piven's wild outfit as mentioned above.

I also think the one who managed the best "long tie with tux" look was Kiefer Sutherland

But overall, my favorite was Eva

I hadn't noticed it before, but Piven's must have either been a mis-match or a custom job, because I don't think I've ever seen an OTR tux with the ability to hold a belt. And though Kiefer's look was good, he did a terrible job tying the damn thing, not even a dimple

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 267 32.6%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.9%
  • 31 - 40