• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joining a country club. Pros/cons??

Tardek

Reaction score
No, was merely interested in seeing what she looked like before being thumbnailed.

Having later seen said larger picture, I am rendered less than impressed.

Thanks for the interest though!

trex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tardek
No, was merely interested in seeing what she looked like before being thumbnailed.

Having later seen said larger picture, I am rendered less than impressed.

Thanks for the interest though!

so, who was she? I would like to be rendered less than impressed by my own experience.

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
so you went from waiting tables there to being a member there

where you waiting tables while you were in medical school?
wink.gif

i dont think its worth it. save your money.

specialblend

Reaction score
I would join a Tennis club if I were you. The costs associated with it are much cheaper and it sounds like it is more in line with your activities. Most of them these days offer things like a Pool, Gym, etc and some have nice clubhouses with restaurants.

I'm a member at a local Tennis club and I love it, it's a great way to meet new friends who have the same interests as you do and I find that club members tend to be the ones who are really dedicated to the sport. Some people use it for business contacts as well but I'm just more interested in playing.

Tardek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by trex
so, who was she? I would like to be rendered less than impressed by my own experience.

She's on the "these are fake, right?" thread in entertainment. I don't know what her name is, but prepare to be nonplussed.

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting to see that this thread is still going.
I actually have an interview for membership next week. Then the board will vote whether to let me in or not within a week or so.
I am only going for the social membership...access to everything but golf. It wasn't worth it for me at this time since I don't play enough to take advantage of it. And the difference in initiation and monthly dues is very substantial. Plus I can convert the membership at any point in time in the future and the initiation fee that I pay is applied.
Ultimately the decision to join came down to:
-Providing a fun and safe environment for our son (who's due in Oct) to grow up in
-Networking opportunities
-Pool access for my wife

dshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbtbandit67
so you went from waiting tables there to being a member there

where you waiting tables while you were in medical school?
wink.gif

i dont think its worth it. save your money.

No...actually getting my BS in chemical engineering. But I'm in mortgages...go figure.

Agnacious

Reaction score
So what, is there another country club besides the one in Brookline MA? How curious.

Before you make any decision you should consider that if it comes down to one or the other, sending your child to a private school would be much better than joining a club. $40K/year now grade 7 or 9 through 12, then the cost of a good feeder school, which needs a good feeder preschool etc.

Just food for thought.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads