• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joie jeans

lupin23rd

Reaction score
I've seen quite the number of jean threads while browsing through the forum, but I have only found one reference to Joie jeans among all of those threads.

Diesel, D'Image, PDC, Ernest Sewn, Seven, G-Star, Levi's, and god knows how many other brands are often mentioned but never Joie.

I believe it was LA Guy who posted that they were one of his picks of the "premium" brands, but that they fell apart alarmingly fast. (apologies if I misinterpreted your statement)

I picked up a pair of Joies late last year, and absolutely love them. I guess they aren't in danger of wearing too fast as I wear them maybe once or twice a week and usually on nights out.

Is the wearing out really that quick (ie. a common issue) or is this an exaggeration?

When I bought them, I was expecting to wear them out in colder weather and was worried about the softness and how light they were but that has pretty much resulted in a very comfortable jean.

Also gets high marks as being one of the few pairs of jeans I've owned recently that keeps something of a boot cut after being altered, as I am not the tallest guy in the world by any stretch.

Just curious if anyone else is wearing 'em and lovin' em like I am since I hear about pretty much every other brand I've seen and then some.

I would definitely pick up a second pair the next time I'm in the market for a new jean (and I don't mean to replace the current ones.)

Anyone???

m

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
I've seen quite the number of jean threads while browsing through the forum, but I have only found one reference to Joie jeans among all of those threads. Diesel, D'Image, PDC, Ernest Sewn, Seven, G-Star, Levi's, and god knows how many other brands are often mentioned but never Joie. I believe it was LA Guy who posted that they were one of his picks of the "premium" brands, but that they fell apart alarmingly fast. (apologies if I misinterpreted your statement) I picked up a pair of Joies late last year, and absolutely love them. I guess they aren't in danger of wearing too fast as I wear them maybe once or twice a week and usually on nights out. Is the wearing out really that quick (ie. a common issue) or is this an exaggeration? When I bought them, I was expecting to wear them out in colder weather and was worried about the softness and how light they were but that has pretty much resulted in a very comfortable jean. Also gets high marks as being one of the few pairs of jeans I've owned recently that keeps something of a boot cut after being altered, as I am not the tallest guy in the world by any stretch. Just curious if anyone else is wearing 'em and lovin' em like I am since I hear about pretty much every other brand I've seen and then some. I would definitely pick up a second pair the next time I'm in the market for a new jean (and I don't mean to replace the current ones.) Anyone??? m
Yup - I love Joie jeans - the two brands I typically wear are AG and Joie as they both fit close to perfect. The name is a little feminine though.
dozingoff.gif
Panzer

Fabienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joie (French noun) = Joy, happiness, delight.

Be reassured.

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
Joie (French noun) = Joy, happiness, delight. Be reassured.
Thanks - I knew that - my point was that happy words like Joie are not that "testosteronish" (I know I'm going to get in trouble over this). I'd like my jeans to be called Butch, Spike or Kroll the Warrior King
biggrin.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
Glad to see that you've found a pair of jeans that you really like. Joie jeans look hideous on me, so I try to shy away from them.

EDIT: re: wearing out "fast." It depends on how you wear them.. once or twice a week, sure they'll last a year or two. Many people that complain about denim lasting two years would rather have them last 10 or 20. It's just a bummer that jeans are supposed to be items you can beat the **** out of but some modern day premium jeans are pretty fragile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads